Dan Howell x Reader | One Hundred Point Four Fahrenheit

Description: You were supposed to record a video with your boyfriend, Dan, today but you wake up with a fever. Dan and Phil help you feel better.
Warnings: Fluff, Swearing, Illness.
Word Count: 1175
|||
"Are you kidding me?" I groan, setting the thermometer back on the bathroom counter. I stand on my tip toes, and search through the cabinet for anything that will lower my fever. Dan and I were supposed to film our first collaboration as a couple today. We were going to play 'Who's More Likely To...' I was actually really excited.

I must've gotten sick when I visited my friend the other day. She was just getting over a fever, I must have caught the remaining of it.

I grab the bottle of Tylenol, and it's empty. The only other things in the cabinet were prescription drugs and other random multivitamins.

"Ugh!" I yell in frustration, immediately regretting it as my brain feels like it's having a fist fight with my skull.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Yeah?" I say, a coughing fit following after.

"Y/n? Are you alright? You don't sound too well." Dan answers.

I walk over and open the door. He looks at me and frowns.

"Are you sick?" He asks.

I nod, bowing my head to the floor. Dan puts his hand on my forehead.

"Your burning up!"

"100.4 F." I answer, showing him the thermometer.

"Jesus, here let's get you back to bed, I can get Phil to run out for some things."

"But what about the video?" I ask.

"The video can be postponed for your health, Y/n." He laughs, then picks me up.

"You are going back to bed, and Phil and I are going to take care of you." He commands. I raise my hands in surrender, and let him carry me back to the room. He lays me down on the bed carefully, putting the covers overtop and then adding another throw blanket.

"Get some rest, I'm going to go make you some soup." He says.

"Dan, it's okay, I'm really not that hungry—"

"Sh! Sleep." He cuts me off. I giggle and nestle into the covers. In the distance, I can hear Dan shouting at Phil.

"Phil! Can you run to the shops? Y/n is dying!" Dan yells.

"Okay!" Phil yells back. A few minutes later, I hear the front door open and close. How lucky am I to be living with such nice people?

I slowly drift off to sleep, the sound of Dan whistling in the kitchen flowing in the background.

(Time skip)

I wake up to Phil gently shaking my shoulder.

"Sorry to wake you, but I have your medicine." He smiles. I notice a bowl of soup waiting on the nightstand as well.

"Thank you Philly, that's really nice of you." I say, taking the medicine with a sip of my soup. Phil pats my head, and leaves the room. I eat my soup while scrolling through Tumblr. Dan pokes his head in about ten minutes later.

"Would you like me to run you a bath?" He asks.

"That'd be amazing." I respond. He nods and leaves. I get up and undress, wrapping a towel around me before making my way to the bathroom. I walk in and close the door, the tub's almost filled, so I sit on the countertop while the water runs. I'm still super sleepy, so I lean on the wall and close my eyes.

"There we are." Dan says, turning off the taps. He turns to me and I smile a weak smile.

"I'll take it you'll want help, then?" He asks. I nod at him and hop off the counter. Dan takes my towel and I step into the bath. I lean down and wet my hair, then sit up and pass Dan the shampoo. He takes some in his palm and massages it into my scalp. I lean back, melting into his fingertips. While he does that, I grab the bar of soap and scrub all the sick germs off of me. When the shampoo is covered, I wash it off, then sit back up, passing Dan the conditioner. He lathers it into the ends of my hair. I get a little bored so I splash Dan with water.

"Hey!" He giggles. I turn around and flash him a smile, and he leans in and plants a kiss on my lips. I pull away after a moment.

"Dan! You'll get sick!" I scold.

"Guess you'll just have to take care of me, then." He smirks, leaning in again and stealing another kiss. I jokingly give him a pouty face, then rinse the conditioner out of my hair. My bath is finished, and I unplug the drain, squeezing the water out of my hair. Dan hands me my towel when I'm stand up, and I wrap it around me.

"Hold on, I'll be right back." He says, leaving the bathroom. While he's gone, I do my regular after-bathing ritual and moisturize my face, then put my hair in a braid. He comes back with a pair of leggings, underwear, and his Totoro T-shirt. I dry off and Dan helps me get dressed. After I'm clothed I give him a hug, as a thanks for dealing with my sick ass. He kisses the top of my head.

"You look cute in my shirt." He mumbles against my hair. I giggle and pull away, and we make our way back into the bedroom. We both slip into bed and cuddle up to each other.

"Are you feeling any better?" Dan asks.

"Definitely, thank you Dan." I say, leaning in and kissing his nose.

We lay together and go through Tumblr, laughing at all the fan art people have made. I point out one of me and Dan, laying on the couch playing Mario Kart. It was amazingly drawn, and I post it on Twitter, thanking the artist.

After almost an hour of browsing, we convince Phil to make us some popcorn so we can watch a movie in bed. He comes in with it around five minutes later

"Thank you Phil." We both chime, he bows dramatically in the doorway.

"Bon appétit!" He says as he leaves.

We eat our popcorn, and I fall asleep during the movie.

(Time skip)

I open my eyes, rolling over and checking my phone for the time. It's 10:57am. I slept for a long time, but I feel absolutely marvellous. Dan's not in bed, he must be eating breakfast. I get up and get dressed, then head to the kitchen. I walk by the bathroom and can hear someone coughing through the door. I knock on the door.

"Dan?" I ask. He opens the door, and he looks unwell. I'm about to ask, then he lifts up the thermometer, I read the little screen.

100.4 F.

|||

Yes! Guys now I'm all caught up on the parts in each of my imagine books, I can finally write more Sherlock imagines!!!

May we meet again.

- SW -