twenty.

Jungkook woke from yet another day of sleeping, only to discover that Yoongi wasn't lying next to him this time. He frowned, confused, because the older male was always there -- whether he was just staring blankly at the wall (or Jungkook, he was caught doing that once) or working from his laptop, he'd kept to the promise he'd made when Jungkook had woken from a fever nightmare and had always been there when the younger woke up.

Except now, it would seem.

The more logical side of Jungkook simply said he'd gone to the toilet or something, that he wouldn't just leave him without a reason. But the less logical, less trusting side (which had just been waiting for Yoongi to slip up) started ringing the alarm bells and screaming that he'd been abandoned. This was, of course, silly but the brunette just couldn't shake that feeling of worry away.

He climbed from the bed, shivering when his bare skin was hit by the cooler air. He was just wearing an oversized shirt, having grown too hot over the past couple of days, and a pair of loose shorts (an old pair of boxers Yoongi had forgotten he owned). The boy crept around, sneaking out of the bedroom as he searched for the older male.

He found him sitting on the couch, talking quietly with Hoseok. Jungkook watched from a distance at first, going unnoticed as he did so. He frowned, once again noticing the way they looked at each other. He wasn't sure what the name for the look was, but he didn't like it -- it was too similar to the look he had given Jimin in the early days, although slightly different at the same time. Filled with those same insecurities he'd felt back then, Jungkook walked over to Yoongi and plonked himself in the older male's lap. His wings made this a difficult feat, but he somehow managed and was soon staring at Hoseok from inside the blonde's arms. He felt a sense of triumphant, knowing the other brunette would never be able to do something like this. There was just something special about the way Yoongi treated him, and he intended to keep it that way.

"Hey, Kookie. Sorry I wasn't there." Yoongi said from somewhere behind the boy. Jungkook wrapped his wings around his body, pressing them against his body so he could look at the older male. He was being sincere in his apology, Jungkook noted. "Hoseok and I were just going over work things. How are you feeling?"

"Better." The boy said with a heavy sigh. "But not all better yet -- you have to stay with me still."

"Why do I get the feeling you're just trying to get me to stay at home with you?"

"I'm not." He was.

"Seokjin can always look after him, if you need to come back to work." Hoseok offered, which automatically made the youngest frown. All he could remember was the cold thing that had been pressed against his chest -- and the fact that that male had made him feel a little better, but he was selectively forgetting that right now. "There's more than one vet at the clinic that can cover for him."

"We might have to do that, Kookie. My boss might fire me if I don't show up to work ever again."

"I don't mind."

"Maybe, but I do." Yoongi sighed, shuffling underneath the boy. "If I get fired, I won't have a way to make money -- we might end up living on the streets."

"Taehyung has a house; we can live with him." The older male sighed again, all while Hoseok bit back a chuckle that was bubbling up inside of him.

"If you're still not feeling well enough to be left alone tomorrow, Seokjin will have to look after you. I'm sure he won't mind anyway, he seemed to like you."

Despite all his begging and pleading, Jungkook couldn't stop Yoongi from leaving him with Seokjin. The vet didn't seem particularly terrible -- especially given he came bearing treats and more tablets that made the boy feel a little better -- but he still didn't compare to the blonde. Jungkook was sure no one did.

"What do you want to do?" Seokjin asked as he sat across from the sulking boy, a packet of lollies in his hand that he was occasionally snacking from. "I bought some movies and games, if you want to watch them."

"Do you have Iron Man?" Jungkook asked, finally acknowledging the older male.

"Sadly, no--"

"I have Iron Man. All of them." Seokjin stared at the boy, who turned to face the vet. He was still wearing the shirt and boxers, wings draping lazily behind him as he sat on the floor. He blinked, before getting up to his feet and walking over to the extensive collection of DVDs (which had only grown bigger since Jungkook had started living there) and grabbed his series of Iron Man movies. Jungkook then brought them over to Seokjin, placing them out in front of him. "See."

"That's a lot..."

"Yoongi buys me them. He buys me anything I want." This made the boy smile as he stared fondly at the collection of DVDs. "Do you know what else he got me?"

"What else?" Jungkook got up again, getting even more DVDs and placing them in front of the older male.

"These. We're friends with Taehyung." The brunette said as he showed him the box set he'd been bought. "We went and saw him on the weekend and ate sandwiches. Guess what?"

"What?" Seokjin smiled, liking the fact the boy was getting more chatty with him.

"He likes males, but he only ever dates girls in his shows." Jungkook said. "I know because I saw the way he looks at his driver-friend. He had another friend when we lived together -- but they weren't friends. They're not the right type of friends."

"Oh... Well, there's nothing wrong with that." The younger shook his head. "Do you like either of them?" Another shake of the head. "Neither?" Another shake. "Both?"

"I only like Yoongi." Jungkook began piling up all his DVDs again, pushing them to the side. "And, I guess, my main character, but I don't know who the main character is yet."

"I'm sure whoever they are will come around." The older male said, giving him a comforting smile. "Do you want to watch one of these?"

"Sure. But none of Taehyung's; I'm still watching them with Yoongi."

The pair then watched the whole series of Iron Man movies before Yoongi got home from work. The closeness that Jungkook had developed with the vet was quickly forgotten when the older male came home, but Seokjin wasn't so sad about that. He just smiled as he watched the pair; he had a pretty good idea as to who the boy's main character was. But he decided not to influence things and kept his mouth shut, instead saying his goodbyes to the pair and leaving with the promise to visit again. Jungkook didn't seem so upset about the idea this time.

I like yoonkook

ーI like yoonkook