twenty five.

Hoseok woke up with a splitting headache. As he moaned over the pain in his head, instantly regretting drinking so much the previous night and promising himself (just like last time) that he'd never drink that much again, he realised that he wasn't in his bed. Nor was he in his pyjamas. This realisation caused him to sit up suddenly, a bad idea given his current hangover. He groaned again, bringing his hands up to his head, temporarily forgetting about the strange bed he was in.

Seokjin seemed to sense that the younger male was awake, because he then walked through the door with a glass of water and a tablet in his hand. Every step he took seemed to be extra loud, causing even more pain for Hoseok, and Seokjin seemed to know this, as he grinned when he looked at the brunette.

"Aspirin?" He asked, holding out cup and tablet. Hoseok instantly accepted them, downing them rather quickly. Seokjin chuckled as he watched, taking the cup back once it was empty. "Does your head hurt? You drank a lot last night..."

"Why didn't you stop me?" The younger groaned, rubbing his temple as he shut his eyes.

"You started before I'd even arrived..."

"That's it, I'm going cold turkey." Hoseok decided. "If I drink again, you can punish me."

"And you accuse everyone else of being kinky..." This earned Seokjin a glare from the hungover male. He didn't seemed fazed by it, and just chuckled it off. "I'm guessing you want something greasy for breakfast?" Hoseok nodded. "Alright, well get dressed and we'll head down to Maccas. They're generally open."

"I've got some ideas as to what might be able to reverse the DNA," Namjoon said as he sat at the desk across from Yoongi. He turned his laptop around so the older male could read what was written on it. "But there's only one issue: some tests'll need to be done and that requires Birdy― sorry, Jungkook ―staying at the lab for a little... I don't think he'll like that."

"No, he wouldn't... But there's nowhere else we can take him, not without arousing some sort of suspicion." Yoongi hummed for a few moments as he considered the dilemma. He then sighed and turned the laptop back to the younger male. "I'll do my best to convince him to come. No promises though; I'm not gonna do anything that might jeopardise our relationship."

"No, I understand that. Worse case, I'll just give you the bare necessities and you can run the tests at home."

Predictably, Jungkook didn't like it. In fact, it was the first time in months that he yelled and screamed again ― he seemed to regress, lashing out at the male as he tried to convince him to go back to the lab he'd been trapped in for years. It was understandable and Yoongi couldn't blame him, but it was making his job difficult. And it was rather painful; Jungkook was making use of his nails again and the blonde was covered in scratch marks. Some had even drawn blood.

"I don't wanna go back." Jungkook sobbed as he huddled in the corner. His wings were wrapped around his small body, making him look even smaller, and he watched the older male with suspicion and hurt. Yoongi was feeling déjà vu, being reminded of when he'd first met the boy. He didn't want the younger to go back to that state, but he also really needed him to come. "Please don't make me go back."

"It'll only be for a couple of days and I'll be with you for all of them." Yoongi responded softly, crouching down beside the brunette. "Please, Kookie. Namjoon won't hurt you; he regrets what he's done and wants to make up for it. He just needs to run some tests on you, to make sure everything is alright."

"Everything is alright. It's the most alright it's ever been; I don't need him to tell me if it is or isn't."

"No, but like, if everything internally is alright. With your body and stuff." Jungkook just shook his head and buried himself further inside his wings. It was clear Yoongi wasn't going to get anywhere with him, not right now, and he sighed. He slumped over, sitting down properly beside the boy. They both sat in silence, with Jungkook giving the older male the silent treatment and Yoongi just watching him sadly. "We're just trying to help you, Kookie... I wouldn't send you back there unless it was necessary. Promise."

Jungkook peeked over the edge of his wing, still frowning. "Really?"

"Yes, I promise I'm only doing this because I think I have to."

"Pinky promise?" The wing lowered further and Jungkook held his hand out, pinky outstretched. Yoongi smiled a little.

"Pinky promise."

The chapters are getting shorter and less exciting... apologies