twenty three.

One thing that became clear to Jungkook after his realisation was that the way he looked at Yoongi definitely had changed. He found it harder to fault the male now, even when he brought home the wrong flavoured biscuits. He couldn't help but eat the ones he'd got, enjoying every bite despite the fact he'd wanted chocolate and not strawberry. He grinned, widely, when he fed the blonde some.

Jungkook was happy. He was annoyed that the older male was oblivious to his feelings but, as he lay in his arms, he was the happiest he'd every been. And he could only assume that Yoongi was the cause.

Jungkook finished watching yet another love-filled episode when an idea came to him: everyone seemed to give presents to the people they loved. Maybe if he did that for Yoongi, the older male might realise the extent of the younger's feeling. He wanted to give Yoongi a cake, because if he did, he would also get to eat some. But there was a problem ― he had no way of getting to a place that sold cakes without Yoongi's help.

Eventually, the boy got dressed as though he was going outside with Yoongi and slowly, and nervously, crept out of the house. With every step he took, he'd glance around cautiously. A car drove past when he was almost at his neighbour's house, which almost made him rush back inside and lose all progress. But, thankfully, he didn't. He made it to the reclusive neighbour's house in one piece and even managed to knock on the door. It didn't take long for the male to answer.

"What do you want?" were the first words to leave his lips, as he frowned suspiciously at the boy.

"I need some help with something." Jungkook's voice was barely louder than a mumble, as he dropped his head and shrunk underneath his neighbour's gaze. The older male instantly softened ― despite his more aloof demeanour, the older male really was just a big softy. Especially when it came to the more endearing side of the human race (the more childlike side). "I-I need to buy a cake, but I can't get into town."

"Do you want a lift?" The boy nodded, pulling at the sleeve of his coat. He shrunk his head as far as he could into the collar of it, making his already small stature seem even smaller. "Okay... Just let me get my keys and I'll give you one. But don't think this is a regular thing, okay?"

"N-No. I won't." As long as Jungkook could help it, he wouldn't be going to this man for help.

It didn't take long for the neighbour to get his keys and return to the boy, now dressed in a coat that almost matched Jungkook's. He spun the keys around his finger before locking the door, the gesturing for the younger to follow.

"I'm Joonyoung, by the way." The older male said, glancing back at the boy who was walking a significant number of steps behind him.

"K― I'm Jungkook." Joonyoung nodded slowly, opening the passenger side of the car and letting the boy climb in. While on the outside, the younger was doing his best to appear calm, on the inside he was freaking out. So many things could go wrong now, but he had to do this ― he'd convinced himself that this was just something that needed to be done. So he'd risk it, for Yoongi.

Although, now that he thought of it, Yoongi would probably hate that excuse; if anything went wrong, the blonde might tell him off and be upset with him. Oh, this really was a bad idea, but the door was shut and the engine had started already. There was no turning back now.

Nothing went wrong. Despite all his worrying, Jungkook managed to get a chocolate cake and make it back to his home in one piece.