epilogue.

note: we're just going to ignore hemispherical differences for this chapter, alright? I know that SK has white Christmases but I don't wanna write them; everyone writes them, let me have my aussie summer Christmas.

Everything smelt like Christmas: the tree emanated a pine scent, which mingled with the smells of decorations unpacked after a year of being shoved away and the Christmas foods Yoongi had spent the morning cooking. Outside, he could hear the shouts and laughter of the rest of the group, who were playing with the cricket set Hoseok bought ("it's not Christmas without a family game of cricket," he'd said). Jungkook was yelling at Hoseok who, if Yoongi was hearing correct, had been throwing the ball wrong and got the younger boy out. Screams followed -- probably the brunette lashing out at the male who'd annoyed him, he still hadn't grown out of that tendency to resort to violence.

The screams soon stopped and the door opened and closed; Hoseok had sought refuge from the wild boy inside. He approached the kitchen panting, his hair tousled in the way it gets when someone pulls at it. There was a scratch mark leading down his cheek as well. Yoongi chuckled.

"Control your boyfriend." Hoseok said as he pinched a slice of ham from the tray. "You'd think he'd keep the scratching for bed, but noo, he's gotta do it to me to."

"Jungkook doesn't scratch in bed." Yoongi looked up when the door opened and closed again. Jungkook was there now, pulling his shirt off over his head. He'd never seemed to be one for shirts, but since the bandages had come off he seemed to be doing it a lot more often. Maybe it was to show off his lack of wings or the scars he was rather proud of. He yawned as he walked over to the pair. "Did you win?"

"No, because Hoseok cheated." The younger spat, sending a pointed look at the male still eating ham. "How long til lunch?"

"Not long, I've just got to finish cutting up the ham." Jungkook, like Hoseok, pinched one of the smaller slices from the tray and began eating it, flashing a grin that instantly got him out of any trouble.

"I'm going to go back to playing with the others. You should come out and play later." He then informed Yoongi, turning around and leaving the room. The shouts soon started up again as a new game began and everyone started getting into it. Hoseok and Yoongi just sat there in silence, as the older male focused on getting lunch done and the other... well, who knows what he was doing.

When lunch was finally ready, Yoongi called the group inside and everyone rushed in. They piled around the male's small table, filling their plates with the meat and vegetables. Realising not everyone was going to be able to sit at the table, the blonde directed them all to the floor in the lounge room. No one seemed to be majorly upset about sitting there and continued chattering on anyway. The chattering lessened when people started digging in, but only a little.

Then the Christmas bon bons came out. Pairs pulled at either end, laughing when one person one and the jokes and crowns were distributed. Soon everyone had a paper crown resting on their head, except Yoongi who'd somehow managed to get two instead. It may have been because he pulled Jungkook's off his head when the boy decided to sit in his lap, getting annoyed by the paper brushing against his face whenever the younger moved his head.

"Can we go play again?" Jungkook asked once everyone had finished. There was a general murmur of agreement and they climbed to their feet, leaving their used plates on the floor. Yoongi followed the group, creating the mental note to clean up the plates when they came back in. He didn't have much of a choice now, as the brunette was dragging him outside.

Seokjin and Hoseok went out last, the older pausing them at the doorway and pointing up. Hoseok's gaze followed the vet's finger, noticing the mistletoe hanging from the door. Clearly everyone else had disregarded it. Before the younger could say anything about this, the older gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and continued on through. It took Hoseok a moment to recover, even from just a tiny kiss like that.

As the group was exiting, Taehyung was arriving at the house. His driver was already driving off as he walked up to the group. The actor soon froze when he saw Namjoon, growing worried. But then he remembered the texts he'd received from Jungkook warning him that the scientist would be there and that this was nothing to worry about. So he forced himself to relax, his smile returning as he waved to everyone.

"Hey, Taehyung, you came!" Jungkook called out, evidently pleased about the male's arrival. "We're going to play more cricket."

"In this weather? But it's so hot..." The brunette shrugged and ran out onto the 'field'. "I'll play, but if I sweat too much..."

"Everyone's going to sweat too much, you don't have to be such a princess about it."

"Jimin, hi! I love you too." Taehyung responded to the older male's comment. This just got him an eye roll, but a small smile did find its way onto his lips. "What's it like, being Namjoon's dog?"

"Better than being his cat."

"I bet he makes you his bitch."

"Save it for the game, you two." Namjoon said as he walk past.

Teams were soon made and everyone got into their position. What followed was a combination of taunting, the occasional shout of encouragement and screaming when someone was accused of cheating. Eventually, Joonyoung had to be brought in as an umpire, to lessen the noise just a little and allow the neighbours to enjoy their Christmases in peace.

When the playing was done, most of the group crashed inside and spent the rest of Christmas lazing around inside.

Despite the heat and their sweaty bodies, Jungkook cuddled up beside Yoongi.

"Did you enjoy Christmas?" The older male asked. Jungkook nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, it was the best Christmas I've ever had." The older male chuckled, wanting to point out it was also the only one he'd had. He decided not to. "Thank you, Yoongi. Next year I'll buy you a cool present."

"I'll anticipate that."

Firstly, I'm sorry. Second of all, I'm sorry.

This was a bit rushed, esp towards the end, but honestly I'd run out of things to do and hit a moment where I was stuck. I also just wanna get this over with before I get completely sick of it. So I'm just gonna end it now and try to forget about it, like usual.

I just wish I could've published this at Christmas...

But thank you for reading it, I hope you enjoyed it just a little bit.