Chapter 2

Earlier I mentioned the term dimidium. This essentially means your other half or your soul mate. Now some people are able to find their dimidium at birth because of the ritual (this doesn't happen very often though). However it is usually not this easy as many people may have similar traits to you and therefore a similar name. Also just because someone is your opposite it doesn't make them your dimidium, sometimes they can be the furthest person from that in the world, like my sister and I.

I'm glad that I didn't find mine at birth as I would never get to experience the journey of finding the person I'm meant to be with. But because I didn't find them then there is a chance I never will. Okay that's getting a too deep for my liking, so I won't go on about that for any longer.

I should probably tell you a bit more about dimidiums. All dimidiums have a very strong bond. As well as being complete opposites you must have an inseparable bond.

In humans your dimidium is not your polar opposite, however this is the case with all magical creatures. I know it's different for humans but I still don't fully understand them myself so I can't go into this in too much detail.

The only exception for the opposites rule is if one is human and the other is not. It is an extremely rare case but it does happen. In this instance it depends on the pairing. Some couples are opposites others are almost the same and some are partly opposites.

Someone can only ever have one true dimidium. You may find someone who is very close to that person but once you find the one there is never another.

Many beings never find their true partner as there is only one other in the whole world and these beings settle for the next best thing, the closest person they have to their dimidium.

As for those who do find them, well they are very lucky. It can be the most challenging task but it is also the most rewarding by far.

Although the rules of dimidiums are peculiar and irregular one thing is absolutely certain no creature is complete without their dimidium regardless of whether they are magical or not.

Alright, I agree, this is getting a little sappy but it was important. However this tale isn't supposed to be about all this magic stuff as I'm not exactly apart of it. How about I tell you a little more about me...