Chapter 32

"What?" Lucas and I both chorus.

The hag, yes that's what I'm going to call her, stops in her tracks and rests her arms by her sides. She gives us both a confused look. "Don't tell me you didn't know Lucidus."

He just sits there, obviously not very comfortably as he's tied up, gaping. His face contours and he looks angry, very angry, in fact extremely pissed is probably a better way to describe it. "How the fuck was I supposed to know?! Surely you're joking, it would fit your twisted sense of humour. Kill the girl you claim to be your son's dimidum right in front of him when he's powerless to prevent you. He then becomes broken and later finds out she was never his dimidum in the first place, making him all the more full of rage."

The horrid hag seems a little taken aback by this. "Now now Lucidus that seems a little far fetched even for me. I would never lie to you about whom your dimidum is, sure I might kill them while I force you to watch helplessly but I would never lie about who they were."

I hold back the urge to scoff and butt in to tell them I'm still here as that might get me killed so I just remain quiet.

Lucas scoffs, I'm glad at least one of us did, "That's very reassuring to hear," his voice is laced with so much sarcasm as he plasters a very fake smile onto his face.

"Don't you dare use that tone on me young man at the end of the day I'm still your mother."

Lucas lets out a humourless chuckle, "A mother wouldn't kill their son's friends especially if they believed this particular friend was their son's dimidum. You might be my mother biologically but I'll never consider you my mother emotionally or in any other aspect for that matter." There is an edge to Lucas's words and you can hear just how sincere he is being. I can't even imagine how much hatred he has towards his parents, his words can only give me a small preview of it all.

When she doesn't respond Lucas speaks again but this time with a different tone, this one I'd say is curiosity, "How would you know if we were dimidums anyway?"

"Because I have one. I know what the connection feels and looks like, that's how I'm able to spot it between you two. Yours is only in its early stages but if it had progressed too much more the connection would have become blatantly obvious.

I believe I'm right in saying that you're already feeling drawn to each other and you have a desire to protect one another. If allowed these feeling and urges would only grow.

Why else would this girl have dropped everything to try and save you even if it meant risking her own life? She didn't care about the consequences, all she cared about in that moment was protecting you, you were the only thing that mattered to her. Why else would you have been able to recognise her in almost complete darkness by only one glance and visa versa? Why else would you have been so concerned about her coming here and been so enraged when I mentioned hurting her?

You might say it's because you're close friends but it's obvious that that's not it. There's something else driving both of you to do these things and feel this way and you know it, you can feel it deep within."

Lucas and I both stare at her for a second completely speechless.

They then begin to start arguing but I'm not really listening, my mind is a little preoccupied with what I've been told thus far.

The information I've received is too much to take in, that's why I'm not freaking out. Me apparently having any power is one thing but me supposedly being the most powerful creature in a millennia is quite another. I'm not even able to begin to fathom and understand this so how the hell am I supposed to absorb the whole Lucas and I being dimidums thing?!