Chapter 14

LUCAS POV

"What?!" I exclaim "You're joking right? Tell me you're joking." I demand.

She merely shakes her head.

This changes everything, my whole plan down the drain. How am I supposed to save the realm with a powerless witch?!

Calm down Lucas. Maybe she was just a late bloomer or has been suppressing her powers without realising so they never showed.

Then it hit me "Maybe I can help you tap into your power."

She looks at me gobsmacked and shakes her head again. Why has she suddenly gone so quite? Usually she never shuts up.

"Why so quiet?" I ask.

"This is all so much to process." She says in a dazed voice. "But trust me I don't have powers otherwise I'd know. My parents spent years trying to teach me, nothing worked." She sounds sad by this.

I feel like I need to cheer her up. "At least let me try. I'm a great teacher." I give her a cheeky wink while saying this and she starts to giggle. I'm glad I could make her laugh.

"Fine. But don't say I didn't tell you when it doesn't work." She says.

"Deal" I say confidently. I'm sure I can help. This will work. This has to work.

"Shall we start Monday after school?" She asks "I can meet you here."

"Yeah sure." I reply. This is going to work. It will work.

"Anyway I should probably get going. It's getting late and I don't want Steph to worry." Krystal says sounding a little lightheaded, probably because of everything I've told her.

"Let me dive you. It's the least I can do after I dragged you here." I joke with her.

"Ummm...sure...but don't let Stephanie see us. I don't want her getting the wrong idea." She replies sheepishly.

"Don't worry, I'm like a ninja." I say demonstrating ninja actions as I do, making her laugh. "We best get out of here before Tyler comes back." I say grabbing my keys.

We make casual discussion in the car. We also agree when to meet. She'll meet me at my apartment on Monday, Wednesday and Friday after school. I won't take her with me as to not arouse suspicion. Also at lunchtime on Saturdays.

Tyler's always out at these times as he's at the gym, he's pretty dedicated and never misses a session, so we'll be fine.

As I drive her around to the back entrance of the foster home we pass Tyler and Stephanie making out, not something I ever wanted to see. I hope that image will leave my mind but at least that's all they were doing.

Krystal quickly sneaks out the car and climbs through the kitchen window. I hope Stephanie doesn't walk in now but it looks like Tyler will be keeping her busy for a while so she'll be safe.

I drive back, change into my pyjamas and turn on the TV so it looks like I've been here for hours.

Just in time, as soon as I sit down I hear the lock click and Tyler walks in. That was close.

"Hey" he says.

"How was the date?" I reply, making kissing noises with my mouth , mocking him.

"Great actually" he says rolling his eyes, thinking I don't notice but I do, thanks to my powers I can sense everything around me, not that Ty knows that.

"Enough about me though, how was your time with Krystal?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. I need to answer this very carefully. He can't know what actually happened, I hate lying to him but I have to. Sigh.

"Well let's see. First you're a dick for doing that without telling me about it." I say acting pissed when in reality I'm glad he did as I managed to have this talk with her.

"Don't act like I didn't do you a favour. It's obvious you like her. First she's just your type, chocolate brown hair with emerald green eyes. Second I've know you my whole life I can tell when you're crushing." He says teasing me. Respond calmly, you can do this.

"Yeah right." I say sarcastically "you did this because Stephanie wanted you to and you wanted alone time with her, so don't act like you did all this for me." I retort dodging his previous accusation.

He goes ever so slightly red. "Whatever. How was it anyway?" He presses.

"It was fine I guess. We walked around town, went to Starbucks and I dropped her home afterwards." I say, technically it's half true.

"Nothing special happen between you two?" He asks.

"Nope" I say cooly.

He sighs and drops the subject. Thank God.

I hope I can teach Krystal in time.

Or is it Luna?

I don't really know what I should call her.

I should probably stick to Krystal though, so I don't accidentally call her Luna in front of someone.

I hope that she can teach me about her family powers. The next few months are going to be interesting.