Chapter 13

Pay attention to this chapter it's important. It's probably been my favourite one to write so far and I hope you all enjoy it!

Don't forget to vote and comment. 💜💜
------------------------------------------------------

Lucas takes a deep breath "Are you sure you want to know everything?" He asks.

"Yes." I say confidently. "Don't leave out a single detail."

"Alright then if you're sure" he takes another deep breath.

"Go on" I urge.

"Well I should probably start by telling you who I am. My name is Lucidus Light Pollentia of the Pollentia family."

"Then why are you called Lucas? Your middle name is Light." I ask confused

"I'll get to that later, be patient. Anyway I'm sure you've heard of them despite you're limited time in the realm?" He questions.

I nod my head "But I never saw them, my parents said they had left. However should I ever see them I must be respectful as they are the third strongest family in our world."

"This is correct. Only beaten by your mother's and father's families." He says continuing his story. "The reason we were never there is because my parents decided to move the the human realm to understand them better while my mother was still pregnant with me.

When I was born my parents were still studying humans and did not wish to leave so I ended up growing up here, in the human realm. They only went back a week after my birth for the ritual and then came straight back here.

They still taught me magic despite our location. They just made sure I kept it a secret and didn't tell anyone, not even my best friend." His face seemed to drop at these words.

I felt inclined to make him feel better. "Hey, don't worry about that. I never told Steph either. It's better this way, they'll stay safe."

At these words his face seems to lighten and he carries on "You're right, sorry about that. Anyway where was I? So I grew up here, normal kid by day, magic student by night. When I was little I quite enjoyed it, it felt like I was a spy." He chuckled.

"For a long time I was happy and I thought that could never change. But no ones life can be perfect and I was so naive to believe that I was any different.

The treacherous day came and my perfect life was shattered." His tone becomes serious. "About three years ago my parents finished their studies and decided to move back.

But I wouldn't leave. I couldn't leave the only world I'd ever known behind. I'd become attached to the place. I didn't want to move into alien territory and I wouldn't. I had several arguments with them about this but it was no use. They were so stubborn and hell bent on me coming back with them.

Then my whole world changed. About a week before we were to leave I was in my room and heard my parents talking, they thought I was asleep. What they said next changed my life forever. They were talking about taking over the magical realm and becoming the most powerful family. I was horrorstruck by what I heard, I didn't believe it.

So the next day, while they were out, I snuck into the study, a room I was told I was never allowed in. This was the first time I'd ever stepped foot inside. It looked like any old study but of course it wasn't. I sensed a magical aura about it.

I was drawn to a particular book on the bookshelf, directly in front of me, that read Self Help - a Book for the Better You by Madeline Thompson. I placed my hand on the book and said aperio.

I didn't even mean to, the words just slipped out of my mouth but as soon as I said this the bookcase transformed into another bookcase but this one looked more grand and had a very strong magical aura about it.

It was filled with files upon files of research. I took a look inside one. It was a file about the history of our realm. I put it back exactly where I found it and grabbed another.

This one contained information on the Praecantatio family, your family, that's how I found out about you. There wasn't much on you, just that your full name is Luna Krystal Praecantatio, you were born on the winter solstice in 1999 and were the fourth and last child in your family. The file also contained a plot in how to eliminate your family. This terrified me but I carried on reading more and more files.

I found that we only moved to evade suspicion and to continue the plan in secret.

File after file the evidence grew. There was no other conclusion, my family was planning to overthrow the realm and gain full control and maximum power.

I was so shocked. How could my own family have planned this?

I knew one thing and one thing only, I was not going back with them. I put all the files back and reverted the bookshelf to what it previously looked like, packed a few things and left. I had taken quite a bit of money and my debit card, which contained so much I would be fine.

I knew that my parents had already arranged a portal back to our realm in five days time. As long as I could last until then I would be safe. It takes months to get consent from the magical realm for a portal so I knew they would definitely go back and have to leave me behind.

It was a struggle, they almost found me three times, but I did it. I lasted five days, I had escaped.

Immediately after I went to Tyler. I lived with his family for a while, they were like a second family to me, and when we turned sixteen we decided to get an apartment together.

Usually you can't get an apartment until you're eighteen but with a little help from my powers we were able to convince the landlord. Tyler was shocked that he accepted but went along with it anyway, bless him.

I had to compel him to think that my name was Lucas Pullen instead of Light Pollentia as to not arouse suspicion and I got my human birth certificate changed aswell." He sounded so upset by his last words but I would too if I had to have done something like that to Stephanie so I understand.

"So that's my story, now you know why we need each other's help. I want to stop my family and you need to protect yours. I'm not strong enough on my own but if you can teach me your family's magic I'll be much more powerful. Also with you by my side, being a Praecantatio witch and all, we will be unstoppable."

I gape at him. That was a lot to process.

After a few minutes of uncomfortable silence I blurt out "But I don't have magic. That's why my parents sent me here. I'm powerless. I'm ordinary."

He looks at me in disbelief. His whole plan seems to have shattered before him and he looks pissed...