Chapter 20

(^^Lucas and Krystal)

Luna POV

I can only gape in horror at the sight of my best friend's eyes that are wide and almost glowing.

Fuck. Shit. Crap.

How the hell am I going to cover this up?! What the fuck do I say?!

Oh shit. This can't be happening. Oh god why? I've been a good person, what did I do to deserve this situation? Why me?

Before I can even close my open mouth Steph starts to squeal a high pitch, delighted squeal. Wait, why is she excited? What am I missing here?

She starts speaking in an ear splitting, high voice, obviously overcome with joy. Why she's happy? I've no idea. "Omg. How did I not know it?! I was right all along! Yes! Yes! Yes!"

What the hell is she saying? I'm very confused right now.

"Steph," I say wearily "calm down. What exactly are you talking about?"

She stares at me confused by my question as though the answer was obvious.

I urge her to continue because I'm still baffled.

"What am I talking about?! The fact that I just found out that Lucas is your secret boyfriend. I mean why else would you be here." She states matter-of-factly. 

Oh, that's what she thinks is going on. She hasn't found anything out, good. Phew.

Wait!

Shit.

Lucas.

Boyfriend.

What?!?!

Hell no.

What should I d-

My thoughts are cut off by both Lucas and Tyler entering the room, looking quite concerned, probably because they heard Stephanie squealing.

Tyler immediately walks over to her and comforts her while murmuring in her ear, most likely asking the cause of her sudden outburst .

Steph just stands there smugly with a massive grin etched onto her face.

She suddenly speaks up. "Well Ty, I'm so happy because do you remember when I was telling you about Krystal having a secret boyfriend? I just found out it's Lucas!" She gestures to where I'm standing with her hand.

Tyler snaps his head to me, only just noticing my presence. His face seems impassive and rid of any emotion, what the hell is he thinking?!

He then turns to Lucas and gives him a questioning look. In response Lucas just stands there stock still, poor Lucas this must be awful for him.

Shit. What's he going to say. This is going to be bad no matter what he says. Oh crap. Oh crapity crap crap.

He regains his composure within a few moments and a smirk is soon plastered on his face, a quick cover up, I'm impressed, less observant eyes would not have noticed. "What? Don't give me that accusing look. Krystal didn't want anyone to know. I was only respecting my girlfriend's wishes."

Girlfriend.

All eyes turn to me.

I feel the blood rushing to my cheeks as I concentrate my gaze to the floor. This was not happening. How could Lucas say I was his girlfriend. I guess he couldn't have said anything else but still.

Oh fuck.

The room is silent for a few moments but it felt like years. Dread is all I feel. I've never had a situation where I didn't know what to do but right now I'm clueless. I guess there's a first time for everything, just my luck for the timing to be horrid.

"Why didn't you want us to know?" Steph inquires firmly, breaking the worst moments I've experienced in a long time.

I stand up straight and cover my face with a blank and casual expression. "I just didn't want you to freak out is all. I was going to tell you soon, it's just, I didn't know how." Damn even I'm impressed, my acting is flawless, Steph doesn't look the least bit skeptical about my answer, nor does Tyler. Maybe I should consider acting as a possible career path.

My eyes flicker over to Lucas, he just stand there smirking to himself, when did he get so cocky?

"So you guys are an official thing?" Tyler asks, breaking the momentary silence.

"Yep" Lucas replies smoothly, popping the 'p'.

"When did yo-" Tyler begins but Lucas cut him off.

"Sorry Ty but Krystal seems really uncomfortable with the situation, can we talk about this later? I'm going to take my girlfriend home."

There it was again, girlfriend. The words sounded foreign on his tongue but not in a bad way.

My stomach is fluttering slightly. Something about him saying that does this to me. I don't know why but there must be a reason. Whatever it is, I don't like it. I don't like not being in control of myself. Whatever is happening needs to stop. I can only hope it does soon.

Before I can say or think anything further on the subject at hand Lucas is holding my wrist and is leading me out of the apartment and to his car.

~*~*~

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!