Chapter 25

9 pm (yes the party started at eight but no one shows up that early)

As we pull up outside Melanie's house I can already hear the blaring music. It's going to be ear-splittingly loud and I can't wait. Yes, you heard correctly I'm a party person, always have been.

Some say I get a bit reckless but, hey, you only live once, might as well make the most of it. Plus when the moon is up I'm up, this is going to be great.

Tyler parks his car ever so carefully, he cares about that car far more than he does about Lucas, I swear, one time I saw him stroking it and cooing at it, it was fucking creepy. Did you just imagine it? I'm not even sorry, I have to live with that visual so so do you.

We all step out of the car and my eyes flash over to Lucas. He made zero effort with his costume, can you guess what he went as?

A soldier.

Yep. He's wearing camo trousers and a tank top, he also striped two lines of black face paint on each cheek. That's it. I asked him about it on the way here and he confirmed my previous suspicions, he decided on it five minutes before. Honestly, so predictable.

I have a feeling he wore it so he could show off his muscles and hopefully get laid but I kindly reminded him before we left that we're 'dating' so he couldn't. The look on his face was priceless, it dropped at the realisation and I burst out laughing. I even took a photo, blackmail purposes, you know.

My costume on the other hand was well thought out. I had ordered it online before I even knew about the party because there always is one on Halloween anyway.

What was I dressed as?

A flapper. (I chose a black dress in case you're wondering )

Before you all start sending me questioning glances let me explain. You might be thinking how is that a good costume? Well I actually put a lot of effort into it. I thought of it well before, it was really cute and it was also quite expensive, but it's Halloween and I always spend a lot of money on my costumes, my makeup and hair look bomb might I add.

You're probably also thinking, or maybe not, is it a slutty costume? The answer is kind of. It's not a costume where you can see everything but it's not exactly modest either. What can I say? I'm comfortable with myself so I don't mind wearing a more revealing outfit.

I'm not one of those girl who wears the skimpiest clothing just to get a guys attention and get banged, that's not me. However, I don't mind showing a little skin, letting loose and having fun, it's my wild side coming through. I'm always reckless, I live in the moment but today especially. I'm always the most alive on Halloween and a new side to me comes out, it's nothing bad and it feels phenomenal so I embrace it. Plus, I won't get into any trouble, I'm tougher than I look and can protect myself, especially when the moons out, especially tonight.

We're walking up and there's already people puking in bushes in the garden and some have even already passed out, honestly, some people can't hold their liquor, the party just started, what are they like.

As we enter my eyes scan the house, I can feel my lips immediately twitch into a grin, this is going to be great. There's people everywhere dancing, talking, drinking and some are grinding on one another.

I swiftly head towards the kitchen to get a drink. I'm not stupid, I get a sealed can of beer, so I know there's nothing in it, I've made the mistake before, trust me, although you feel great at the time later it comes to bite you in the ass. I did stupid things but nothing against my will, just stuff I probably would have thought against had I had a clear head, I did things without thought of consequence, things the devil on my shoulder tells me to do even to this day, I usually repress those urges and desires but that day I didn't. I was foolish and it won't happen again.