Chapter 24

Thursday

Stephanie has been so pumped for the party ever since she told us. She also managed to get her way with Tyler. Yep, they're doing a couples costume now. Tyler wasn't happy about this. I do wonder how Stephanie managed to get him to agree but she won't tell me. I tried asking Tyler but even he's not sure how so I guess I'll never know. She also won't tell me what they're going as but I'll know tomorrow.

Lucas hasn't even come up with a costume idea yet, typical, he's probably going to come up with something five minutes before.

I have warned him that he can't try anything to lead on other girls as we're supposed to be dating and yada yada yada. He just brushed it off though, saying something about me taking away all of his fun.

It's ruining my fun too. Maybe I wanted to hookup with a guy. Oh I know, I can pretend I was drunk and do it anyway. Nah, I'll definitely get in trouble with Steph if I do that and I don't want to face her wrath. She can be scary as fuck when she wants to be.

Also, I told Lucas that I refuse to deal with a him when he's drunk, sober Lucas is bad enough. By that he was slightly offended but he laughed it off while I listed off some of the reasons why he's terrible. I only told him a few as otherwise we'd miss the party because the list is endless.

~*~*~

Friday (Halloween)

"Krystal hurry up we need to start getting ready! It's already five thirty and the party starts at eight!" Stephanie calls from the bathroom.

"Chill! We still have two and a half hours!"

"I know, I know but still! Also don't forget you said you'd do my makeup. You're absolutely amazing at it even though you hardly wear any"

Shit. When did I agree to that. The only reason I can do makeup is because of my locket and I can't use it on Stephanie, she'd find out my secret. But I need to use it otherwise it will look terrible and she knows I'm good at it. Urgh. Oh crap.

"Um yeah about that" I begin sheepishly "I don't think I will have time to do yours and mine plus getting ready and everything." That's a good excuse, I hope.

"But you're the one who said we have plenty of time. Plus you're a wiz at makeup. Honestly, you can do in thirty seconds what takes me ten minutes. No excuses Krystal, you're doing my makeup," she finishes firmly.

Oh great there's no changing her mind. Why did I agree to this? When did I agree to this? I usually never forget things.

I'll just have to come up with something, here goes nothing...

Okay this plan could actually work. You can do this Luna. "So what kind of makeup am I doing?"

"Oh right you don't know. I'm going as a fallen angel and Ty's going as a devil."

"Nice. Cute idea, but why fallen angel and not a normal angel?"

"We'll match better plus black is a much sexier colour than white," she says with a cheeky smirk.

"By the way, what's your costume you haven't told me yet?" Steph adds.

"You'll just have to wait and see," I pause when I see that she's already jutting out her lower lip. "Don't you pout at me. I'm only going to be keeping you in suspense for a little while longer."

"Whatever" she says while rolling her eyes.

Okay plan do-Stephanie's-makeup-without-revealing-my-secret has begun.

"Steph can you put this blindfold on please." She sends me a confused look "I can only focus on one aspect of your face at a time otherwise I'll get distracted and start doing the fancy stuff before the basics are even done."

She raises a sceptical eyebrow at me.

"Hey, don't question my methods, I get results and that's all that matters. So shush, do as you're told and let me get to work." Okay that sounded good, it's sounds like a actually know what I'm talking about. This might actually work, fingers crossed, I don't want to jinx it, mental touch wood.

She raises her hands in defeat. "Alright, alright I won't question the master but I'm expecting results."

I roll my eyes at her while she puts the blindfold on.

Okay, now I'll randomly put brushes on her face and pretend to put products on. After what would be an appropriate time for me to have finished everything but her eye makeup (as her eyes are covered) I grab my locket.

I'm imagining what I want Stephanie to look like and within seconds it's done.

"Okay, your face is done. Now I'm going to remove your blindfold but keep your eyes closed do I can do the rest."

In reality her eyes are done but she doesn't know that. I very carefully start placing brushes onto her eyelids, making sure not to ruin the perfect makeup that is already present.

"I'm done. You can open your eyes, it has been long enough so it shouldn't get ruined now."

Steph immediately obeys, snapping her eyes wide open. Almost instantly she's found her way to the mirror and is analysing her reflection.

"Wow Krystal this is awesome. Your power over makeup never ceases to amaze me."

I just smile sweetly.

"Alright, I'll leave you to get ready now and do your own makeup, thank you Krystal." She's making her way for the door but suddenly halts and faces me. "Oh and just to let you know you didn't say you'd do my makeup, I'm just great at manipulating you," she says and smirks, leaving before there is even the opportunity to counter.

I knew it, I never forget things.

Shaking my head in response, I start to get ready.

This has always been my favourite holiday. Stereotypical I know but what can I say, even though I can't do magic myself I still feel just a bit magical today. It's probably me being stupid or I'm just imagining things but today I feel something I never feel on any other day, a sort of energy flowing through me and the feeling is exhilarating     

Once I'm completely ready something just clicks within me and I feel excited and joyful, like I'm on a never ending high. Whatever it is I hope it lasts, I haven't felt this good in a long time. Halloween here I come...

~*~*~
In case you were wondering this is Stephanie's costume:

I know not much happened in this chapter but I needed to set up the next one (which I'm really excited about btw, it's probably one of my favourites)

Hope you liked this chapter. Until next time :)