Chapter 3 {Annabeth} She Slipped

Why did Percy leave?

This is annoying.

Percy where did you go

This is stupid

The lake, maybe

How does it feel to be vapor

Names

What

Annabeth's a girl's name

PERCY WHERE DOES ONE GO

"We could just use your back name. That sounds okay enough."

Annabeth's eyes twinkle. "Yes, Chase, okay good. Now—" He goes away from Piper and off to the lake.

(I've already failed at trying not to refer to Percy as "she" in the first chapter, so I'll be referring to Annabeth as Annabeth for narratives)

Annabeth arrives in time to see Percy clambering onto the wooden walkway. She was struggling with the skirt-jeans that Piper had charmspoken her to wear. He sighs and walks over to pull Percy up.
Apparently he hadn't realized how much stronger Annabeth was compared to being a girl. Percy was pulled out of the water— more like thrown out —and slipped on the water, falling on Annabeth. He stumbled back and tripped, Percy added to that by being pulled by him.

And Percy was on top of Annabeth. The girl didn't realize soon but Annabeth was blushing.
It was so foreign to him, even as a girl he'd never even tripped and fell on Percy. Never. But Percy seemed fine, but her eyes were darting around. A pink tint was suddenly visible on her cheeks and Annabeth mentally grins. Quickly, as soon as she realized, Percy shoves herself off Annabeth.

Weird it was. More awkward would it get.