Chapter 8 {Percy} Duo Death Quest Time

Annabeth dragged her. Where? Under a bleacher. Once out of sight, he let go of me and I let out a long line of curses in Ancient Greek about Chad and how I can easily beat him— those curses beat Arion's by far.
"I'll—!" Annabeth's hand clamped over my mouth and pointed at the window that showed the parking lot. My voice faltered. There were at least a dozen Empousai out there, hissing and walking back and forth. "What are they doing here?" I frowned. And the thought struck me, "They're looking for something." I wasn't sure what exactly, but I just knew they were looking.
And it must be pretty important that they had to pass up a chance to try and make a meal of us. Annabeth tugged me towards the bathroom. "Get changed," Her eyes started brewing. "We're leaving to follow vampire girls."

I got changed into my camp t-shirt and shorts. I got out of my blue flats and into some sneakers instead, undo the messy bun and plucked off clips that were left on it. I cleaned off the make up, too. I felt the familiar weight of Riptide in my pocket and instantly felt like I could take on a Titan— not that I haven't tried that. I packed away the dress and shoes and the accessories into the pack Annabeth had brought us.

I walked out the bathroom gripping my strap. I glanced worriedly at the window— okay, good. They're still there.
I sighed, but my breath hitched and the air around me was filled in puffs of perfume. They smelled sharp. I waved the mist away and coughed.
My throat hurt now, and by breathing got shorter at every moment.
What do I do? I saw Annabeth walking towards me and I quickly reached in for a small bit of ambrosia. I plopped it into my mouth and the taste of warm cookies my mom makes spread through every tastebud.
Annabeth looked at me and I nodded.
And together, we embark on another (hopefully not deadly) duo death quest.