Chapter 8: Ryan

When I became conscious again, all I could see was darkness. The first thing that ran threw my mind was that I was blind. When I tried to move, an ugly realization came to mind. I was kidnapped. I'm a prisoner. Nobody knows what happened to me because I was alone.

I began hyperventilating at the thought while I tried to break free unsuccessfully. I noticed that I was tied up to a chair, so I attempted to make it move when I heard a slamming of a door. The footsteps were distant at first, but the sound crept up behind me causing the hairs on my neck to stand.

"They're looking for you, but they won't find you." A man whispered into my ear. I was fighting back tears when he walked over to the TV and turned it on to a local news channel, his face just barely out of reach of the light that was being cast.

My breath was taken away from me when I saw a picture of Brendon and I on TV, a photograph they were using for an Amber Alert. Waves of fear and hopelessness drowned me when I assumed that nobody had saw me. I was passed out the entire time meaning the man probably just put me in the trunk of his car or something in the dead of the night.

I stopped thinking for a moment and looked at the picture of us, still on the TV while a reporter described me.

"B-B-B-Brendon?" I thought of how I just left him so suddenly, letting him down. Then a pain hit my face. I was smacked across the face.

A falling feeling hit me as quick as it left. The man had pushed my chair over. My head had hit the concrete floor hard and the light from the TV faded.