Chapter 28: Ryan

"Why don't you just kill me already?" A difficult question with a heart wrenching response, but I was willing to take the risk. I wanted to die. There was no hope for me. I didn't even know if Brendon was alive or not, but I assumed the worse. I shouldn't thread myself along on false hope. Was there a point to it anymore?

He stopped carving the wood to look at me, but I refused to look at him. I just let him breathe on my cheek, the smell of his breath made its way to my nostrils, making me cough in disgust.

"This isn't just about you, its about hurting the people around you too. They must feel the pain that my parents felt when they thought I was dead." His voice had no empathy behind it, it just sounded cold, and it was ready to stab me with shards of ice.

"Hey, maybe if you didn't fake your death then they wouldn't have felt that. But no, you just had to go off and become a crazy person instead of grieving the death of your girlfriend." I had no filter. Yes, there was fear in my shaken voice but I was not fearful of him but of his actions. I feared torture but not death.

He stood up abruptly and the grey marbles that were his eyes stared down at me. "You son of a bitch."

His bear sized hands clenched onto the piece of wood that he was carving, and I flinched when he moved it toward me. It was a wooden knife. He saw me flinch and started to laugh in a deep and evil tone.

"Scared? You should be." He flung his arm and the knife impaled me in the shoulder. Before I could scream, he put his hand over my mouth. "No, no. Wouldn't want them to hear, now would we?"

Tears filled in my eyes, my shoulder was throbbing with pain. I was too scared to look at the wound, it would probably cause me to pass out, and god, I didn't want to sleep with him around.

He knelt down to my level so he could look me in the eye. "Are you sorry?" He dragged the knife across my skin, ready to inflict more pain if he had to. All I could do was nod, it was clear that he wasn't going to exterminate me today.