Chapter 5: Budding Friendships

A/N: I hope you enjoy this chapter. It is important to remember every person has their faults and that's why I spent time these last few chapters on Alex and the group. Next is when they go back in time. Please note, there will be NO UPLOADS NEXT SATURDAY. I am out of town Thursday-Monday night. The next upload will be on February 25th. Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Iris whirled around and saw Alex standing there. She didn't know what to say. It was clear that he was hurting. Guilt took over her. She was wrong, she knew it all along. She was behaving like all those other kids acted towards her. Oh how painful those memories were...

~=+=~

Iris walked up to the group of kids she always hung out with. They stopped talking as soon as she was within earshot. Loudly, one of the girls called "We'll leave school together and come to my house right after school. It will be so much fun! See you soon!~"

Iris looked away. She was hurt. Hurt that her friends would plan something that she wasn't invited to. She felt bitter. She would never look at that girl the same way.Why had she invite her close friends and leave her out of it. Iris fumed. It wasn't like she ignored this girl. Deep down she knew the truth. She was a bore to everyone around her. All she ever talked about was history, the others just feigned interest in her topics.

~=+=~

Iris looked up and realized tears were streaming down her face too. "I...I'm s...s..sorry."Iris' lip trembled. "The same thing has happened to me, and for me to treat someone else that way. It was wrong of me, please forgive me, Alex."

Alex frowned. She had hurt him. He had been hurt to many times both emotionally and physically, but then again, none of the truly apologized. He signed. "Okay, I forgive you, I guess."

 T, Becca and Salali looked at Iris. They too had been feeling guilty about doing this. "Alex,because you were mean to us, you are going to have to earn our trust and we will have to earn yours. If we can become friends, you may be able to come with us on this trip. Come on, let's research this project together!" T told Alex. He looked at Iris and smiled. He could learn a lot from her. He was mean to them yes, but they all had their faults. It would only be a few days before they would again be changing history.

~=+=~

"Hey, Alex!" Becca called,from their table in the lunch room. "Come here."

Alex hurried over. "Yeah?"

"We want you to sit with us today and everyday. We've hung out with you but you still aren't officially part of our group. Would you like to be?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: What do you think will happen next? Comment below and don't forget to vote and follow if you haven't done so already. Please don't be a ghost reader. If there is a new person reading this, and I can tell, I will check out their profile. Also, if you want to to check out one of your books comment on my feed and I will when I have the time.