Four: Wes

Two weeks. That was how long it had been since I saw Noah. I ended up telling my American Studies professor that I had a really bad infection and couldn't come in. I even found a guy who was making fake doctor's notes. Being able to do my homework in peace and quiet was great, especially if I didn't have to see Noah. He was nice and all, but he seemed a little too friendly. His parents seemed crazy, but nice. I just couldn't be around parents, it was still a sour subject.

My professor was expecting me back in class tomorrow though, so unfortunately my little vacation was coming to an end. Glancing over at my clock, I sighed while realizing it was only eight. I might as well go to bed, not like I had any other plans.

After taking a shower and changing, I was about to get into bed when a knock came from the door. I was halfway to the door when I realized I was only in my pajama pants, but decided not to put a shirt on. When I opened the door, I instantly sighed.

Noah was standing on the other side, a small teddy bear in one hand. In his other hand, he had a plate of what looked like brownies.

"What, Noah," I sighed while leaning against the door.

His face fell for a second, before he regained his composure. "I heard about your infection, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"How did you hear about that?"

"This girl next to me was talking about it. She said you had to go to the emergency room and everything." His eyes then slowly traveled down to my torso, where he frowned. "I guess it cleared up huh? What kind of infection was it?"

Rolling my eyes, I wandered over to my bed and sat down. "Made up."

"What?" He asked while walking into the room and closing the door. "You really weren't sick?"

"No."

He continued to frown as he gently set the brownies down. He held the bear close to his chest as he asked, "Why did you make it up?"

"To get away from you."

I instantly felt bad when I said it, since his eyes suddenly filled with tears. "I... I didn't mean to bug you so much. I just wanted to be friends."

Getting off the bed, I wandered over to him when tears were slowly running down his cheeks. "Come on, don't cry." Not really knowing what to do, I awkwardly thumped his back.

"Why do you dislike me so much?"

"You really want to know?" He nodded, those sad brown eyes looking up at me. "I'm not used to having people want to be around me okay? I'm not sure how to handle you Noah... no one has ever given me attention before. I don't get why you even want to. You don't know me, you don't know what I've had to deal with."

He was suddenly wrapping his arms around me, the bear resting between our bodies. My body was frozen, not sure what to do. His cheek was resting against my chest, where I'm sure he could hear my rapidly beating heart. Those brown eyes were then looking up at me, a blush covering his cheeks. He quickly stepped back, my body feeling weirdly cold without him against me.

"I'm always here Wes, if you never need to talk about anything."

With that he placed the teddy bear next to the brownies, and started making his way out the door. "I don't remember the last time someone hugged me," I whispered, making him isntantly turn around in the doorway.

His eyebrows were raised as he looked at me, shouting coming from the hallway behind him. "What about your parents?"

Sighing, I looked away from him as I suddenly felt ashamed. "My parents never wanted me. They left me at a truck stop when I was seven. Pathetic, I know."