Seven: Noah

Feeling the warm sunshine on my face, I ever so slowly opened my eyes to smile. So that wasn't a dream, I thought while seeing the sleeping face of Wes next to me. His dark hair was sprawled out across his forehead, making me slowly move it off to the side. He seemed so peaceful while he was sleeping, if only things were this easy when he was awake.

Snuggling back into his chest, I yawned while closing my eyes. When I was finally almost asleep, the annoying sound of my phone woke me up. Groaning, I reached over and answered without looking at it.

"Hello?" I sleepily asked.

"Honey, do you still need all these baking and cooking books?"

Frowning, I slowly turned over before sitting on the side of the bed. "Mom, is that you?"

"Of course! What other female would be calling you this early in the morning? Unless... oh my. Noah honey, are you bi-curious? Did you just never tell me you were into girls? Do you have a girlfriend?"

Sweet baby Jesus. "Oh my god Mom. I'm not bi, I'm gay. I've never been into girls and I never will."

She sighed while some thumping noises were heard in the background. "That's good to hear. You know, women are so drama filled. I'd rather have a son-in-law. Anyway, how about these old books?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked while running my free hand over my tired face.

"I'm starting to clean out your room."

"Why? Are you that eager to get me out of the house? Geez Mom, I've only been in college for a few months."

She heavily sighed, my dad's voice now muffled in the background. "You know that is not true at all Noah. I love you more than anything and I'd love for you to stay here forever. But I know you're getting older and one day you'll own that bakery of yours. And I'm not getting rid of everything, just making room."

"Making room? For what?"

"Your father and I are taking up marble collecting!"

Rolling my eyes, I slowly laid back down onto the bed. "You're going to put marbles into my room?"

"Just wait until you see it! Come on over today and I'll show you."

"Mom, I don't know if I can just find a ride-"

"Oh dear, I think your dad just fell on a marble. Man that was hilarious! See you later honey, love you."

With that she hung up, making me roll my eyes again before chucking the phone onto my desk. I yawned again before looking up, instantly seeing blue eyes. Wes was staring at me with a sleepy expression. "So your Mom thinks you're bi huh?"

I couldn't help but laugh as I rolled my eyes. "She's ridiculous. She also wants me to come over to see her new marble collecting room, which was my room. I'm not even gone a year and she's already rearranging my room. She wants me to come over later..." Biting my bottom lip, I looked away from those blue eyes and instead focused on his shirt. "Uhm... would you like to come with me?"

When he didn't respond, I looked up expecting to see him uncomfortable. Instead, he was staring at me with an unreadable expression. "Sure."

Smiling, I snuggled my face back into my pillow to see him still staring at me. My heart fluttered when he suddenly ran his fingers through my hair. "You... you have really nice hair."