Eleven: Noah

"Where have you been?"

Looking up, I frowned while seeing the concerned eyes of Francine staring at me. I was currently sitting under a tree on campus, trying to study. "Here and there."

"Come on Noah, what happened? You've skipped a lot of classes this week. What happened?"

I tried to keep the tears from falling, honestly I didn't know how I still had tears left. Ever since Wes had broken up with me, things had not been okay. I basically had a mental breakdown, simply because I didn't know what I did wrong. There were reasons why I never told Wes, or anyone, about my brother. He had never been nice to me, especially when I started doing well in school. I never wanted anyone to know how broken I had been.

"Wes broke up with me," I whispered while Francine gasped.

"He broke up with you? Why?"

Staring up at the brown leaves above my head, I bit my lip to keep my sobs in. "He got upset when I didn't tell him something about my past."

Francine sighed before she sat down and wrapped her arms around me. Resting my head onto her shoulder, I let more tears fall as she pulled me closer towards her body. "Oh Noah, I'm so sorry."

"No," I said while shaking my head. "Don't be sorry. I was the one who didn't tell him."

She gave me a look before saying, "I'm assuming there was a reason you didn't tell him. You guys haven't even been together very long, you don't really talk about personal things that early on."

"It was different with Wes," I whispered. "I wanted him to be the one I shared my life with. I know most people won't understand, especially because we haven't been together long. He actually made me feel safe and... loved. And I blew it."

"Noah, no don't think like th-"

"I'm going to go back to my room," I said while suddenly standing up. I gave her a small smile as she looked up with me sad eyes. "I actually want to go to bed early."

Francine stood up as well, before wrapping her arms around me in a bone crushing hug. "I'm always here if you need anything."

I slowly nodded before walking away. After walking into my dorm, I dropped my bag off in my room before heading to the bathroom. After doing my business, I started to wash my hands while the door opened behind me. I didn't pay any attention to it, until I heard a familiar voice.

"Oh look, it's one of the fags."

Turning around, my heart sunk when I saw the guy who harassed Wes and I earlier. The same two guys were also behind him, making me sweat when one of them locked the door. "W-what do you want?" I nervously asked as they started to stalk towards me.

"Oh are you scared? Don't have your boyfriend to protect you?" The guy asked while pinning me against the sink.

"Get off!" I yelled while trying to push him off my body.

"What's wrong? Don't you like having guys this close to you?"

My eyes widened when one of the guys behind him handed him a small pocket knife. "Please get off of me."

"Don't be scared," of the guys smirked behind him.

I closed my eyes when they threw me onto the ground. I could hear fabric ripping, as many fingers were poking me. When a fist was suddenly connecting to my face, I screamed from the pain. It had been a while since someone had punched me in the face.