Chapter 4

Harry sat in his study, going through his grandfather's journal once again, he had been at the castle fo a months time and today was his birthday. He had used all his time to reading books from the library, gaining all the knowledge he could about the wizarding world and its wonders. Even though today was a happy day, Harry would only be celebrating his birthday by finally going to his grandfather's house somewhere in Germany.

Harry placed down the old journal as he heard a tap on the window behind him. An owl was sitting with a letter for him, he opened the window, took the letter and gave the owl a little sweet whilst it waited for his reply. Harry knew, even before he opened it that it was from Hogwarts.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: ALBUS DUMBLEDORE (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards) 

Dear Mr. Potter,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. 

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31. 

Yours sincerely, 

Minerva McGonagall,

Deputy Headmistress

 HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY 

UNIFORM

 First-year students will require: 

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black) 

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear 

3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings) 

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags. 

COURSE BOOKS

 All students should have a copy of each of the following: 

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk 

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot 

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling 

A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emetic Switch 

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore 

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger 

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander 

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble 

OTHER EQUIPMENT 

1 wand 

Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2) 

1 set glass or crystal phials

1 telescope 

1 set brass scales 

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS  

Thanks to some reading Harry had bought all his school gear more than a week ago, he didn't have time today, he needed to see his grandfather's home before he went to school.

Harry grabbed the Grindelwald wand and activated the portkey, soon after he stood before a home of the Grindelwald, It was a big manor, made from dark gray stone with a black roof, once Harry was inside he went straight for his grandfather's study, he didn't have time to explore, he just needed to find his grandfather's other journals, he knew that there was a few more than the one he already had.

The study was much like his own, just with more dark wood, he quickly found tree journals on a bookshelf, all his grandfathers and then went home.

Once back at the castle he sent his reply to Hogwarts.

Dear Ms. McGonagall.

I would be delighted to attend your school of witchcraft and wizardry, a good education is always a good idea.

Sincerely

Harry Grindelwald

"Here you go" Harry said as he gave the letter to the owl "Billy!" he then yelled.

"Yes, Master Grindenwald Sir?" Billy said as he popped into the study.

"Is everything packed for tomorrow?" Harry said, swirling his wand between his fingers.

"Yes, Master Grindelwald, Billy have packed everything" the small elf said.

"Good" Harry said before he walked downstairs to eat dinner, on his way out he saw himself in the mirror, he had changed over the last month, his hair was now as white as his grandfathers and he now wore expensive robes made of Acromantula silk.