Chapter 6

When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted" she said. 

"Abbott, Hannah!" a girl walked up and put on the hat.

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat.  

"Bones, Susan!" 

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat again.

"Boot, Terry!" 

"RAVENCLAW!"  

"Granger, Hermione!" 

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Malfoy, Draco!"

"SLYTHERIN!"  

This went on for some time, Ron was a Gryffindor, so was Neville.

G-Grindelwald, H-harry" Professor McGonagall said with a low, shaking voice. The whole hall was silent, people then started to whisper.

"Grindelwald she said?"

"The dark lord?"

Harry walked up and sat down, all eyes on him.

"Hmm," said a small voice in his ear. "Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, my goodness, yes -- and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting.... So where shall I put you?"   

"Slytherin" Harry thought "you put my mother there, I hear I would fit well there."

"So right you are, Mr. Potter" she hat said "your new name fits well, good luck in, SLYTHERIN! the hat shouted out the last word and Harry quickly joined his year housemates at the Slytherin table.

"Welcome," said an elderly man, who harry guessed was Dumbledore. 

"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are, Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!" He said and sat down, as food appeared on the tables.

"So you're in family with Grindelwald huh?" said the blond boy, from the boat "I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy" he greeted.

"Harry Grindelwald, and yes, he was my grandfather" Harry replied.

"Was he as the stories say?" Draco asked.

"I don't know, he died a few months after my parents when I was one, didn't even know about him before a month ago, raised by muggles, the worst kind of them, no respect for their betters" Harry said.

"They're almost as bad as the mudbloods, no respect for us, those mudbloods just walk in and destroy our traditions."

"I have nothing against muggleborns, they are magical just as we are, they just need to be integrated better into our world" Harry and Draco chatted for a bit as they ate.

"Ahem, just a few more words now that we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you" Dumbledore said.

"First years should note that the forest on the grounds is forbidden to all pupils.  And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well." Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of the Weasley twins. 

"I have also been asked by Mr. Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors. 

"Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of the term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch. And finally, I must tell you that this year, the third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a very painful death."  

As the other students went to their dorms, Professor Snape took Harry to the headmaster's office, after walking up a swirling staircase, Harry knocked on the door.

"Enter" he heard Dumbledore say, Harry opened the door and walked in, closing it behind him.

"You wanted to see me headmaster?" Harry asked politely.

"Ah, Harry, come, sit down" the elderly headmaster said, gesturing to the chair in front of his desk.

"I don't believe we are on first names Headmaster" Harry said as he sat down.

"Names is just what I wanted to talk with you about Mr. Grindelwald" Dumbledore said "you see, I find your last name quite interesting, it reminds me of an old friend I once knew."

"I know Headmaster, my grandfather Gellert Grindelwald" Harry answered with a faint smile "I have read the story before."

"I just wonder, I didn't know your grandfather had any children" Dumbledore explained.

"He didn't even know it himself until my mother found him" Harry said "I didn't know until a month ago, seeing as both my parents and he died when i was little and I was sent to the adoptive relatives of my mother" Harry looked out the window, it was dark "I had better get going Headmaster, I would like to get a room before their all gone" and with that Harry left Dumbledore to wonder on his own.

The Professor guided him down to the dungeons and stopped before a painting of a snake.

"Pureblood" he said and the painting opened for him "make sure to remember that, it's our password, without it you can't get in" they walked into what Harry guessed was the common room.

"Take your things and find a room" Professor Snape pointed at his trunk, which stood in the room "boys dorms on the right, girls on the left" Harry took his things and walked  down the hall. Several students were still looking around.

Harry noticed door wich was different than the others, it had a silver knob, designed like a snakehead, on the door 'Lord Slytherin' was written in silver.

"Harry, what are you doing?!" Draco almost yelled as Harry approached the door, as Harry neared the door, the knob turned and the door opened for him.

"Finding my room" Harry said and looked back at a paralyzed Draco, several of the students, as well as Professor Snape, stared in wonder as he walked inside and the door closed behind him, the letters 'Harry Grindelwald' appeared in silver under 'Lord Slytherin'.