Chapter 16

"Come on you two" Harry said as he tried to put Huggin and Muggin in a cage, the keyword here was tried.

The holidays were over and Harry had to back to school, but his two new ravens weren't too fond of the idea that they had to be in a cage. It was mostly Huggin who didn't like the idea, especially because he just began to could fly again.

"It's only for a few hours, once we reach Hogwarts I can let you out" Harry said as he finally got Huggin into the cage where Muggin already was.

Harry took on his winter cloak and picked up the cage before walking out to the carriage. As they drove towards Hogwarts Harry read a book he had found in the library at the castle, The Tales of Beedle the Bard it had a lot of old wizarding stories in it, including the tale of the three brothers.

A Harry read that particular story he turned his wand in his hand, The Elderwand, the most powerful wand in existence. But what confused him most about the tale was the fact that the Hallow that should be in his possession was, in fact, not.

What his grandfather said was true, the wand belonged to his family, but not his side of the family. The Elderwand was the eldest brothers, but he descended from the youngest, wich meant that he should have the Cloak of Invisibility.

'I'll write a letter to Gringotts and ask them to look through both the Potter and Peverell vault, if it's not I'll ask for the records of anything being removed from them' Harry thought as they neared Hogwarts.

Billy stopped the carriage and opened the door for Harry.

Harry stepped out of the carriage with the cage in one hand and the book in the other. When Harry was out of the carriage he pocketed the book.

"I'll see you when summer comes Billy" Harry said looking back at the small elf "keep things as they are at the castle."

"Yes Master Harry Grindelwald Sir" the small elf said before jumping into the carriage and driving away, leaving Harry alone with Huggin and Muggin.

He was a bit early, mostly because he wanted to get to his room before anyone saw him, it wasn't exactly by the rules to have a raven, let alone two. Being the heir of two founders, even though people only knew he was the heir of Ravenclaw, he was sure the rules could be bent for him.

Harry walked down to the dungeon without getting spotted, but he hadn't been expecting Snape to be waiting for him just by his room.

"Goodmorning Professor Snape" Harry said walking over to his door.

"Harry" he said "I have something for you" Severus handed him a small package.

Harry took the package without a word and slowly opened it, what was inside surprised him quite a bit.

A picture of his mother, standing on Platform 9 and three-quarters, and around his age.

"Her adoptive parents took it the day we went to Hogwarts for our first year" Snape said with a smile "it took a bit before I convinced her to make it move."

"Thank you" Harry said, deeply glad to have this picture.

..............................................................................

As Harry came into his room he sat the picture on the desk in his study and opened the cage for Huggin and Muggin so they could jump out into his room. Harry placed the book on a shelf and sat down to write a letter to Gringotts.

To Accountant Ragnok

I find myself missing an important object, therefore I request that Gringotts search the Potter and Peverell vaults and make a list of the inventor, as well as a list of everything that has been removed from the vault the last 11 years.

Then there is the matter of the magic blocks placed on my body, I would like to arrange a date for them to be lifted over the coming summer.

Lord Harry Grindelwald

Harry folded the letter and lifted Huggin onto his shoulder before walking out of his room and outside the castle to send him off.

"Here you go" Harry said as he gave Huggin the letter and let him fly to Gringotts.

He had practically just let go of Huggin before he practically was tackled to the ground by locks of bushy, brown hair.

"Harry!" Hermione yelled as she fell, bringing him down with her.

"Uff" Harry said as he landed on the icy ground beneath him.

"Sorry" Hermione said looking up at Harry "it was slippery."

"It's ok" Harry said as he sat up, trying to grab a branch from a tree near them "it wasn't your fault" he grabbed the branch and pulled himself up before helping Hermione up.

"Thank you" she said as they leaned on each other, walking away from the icy ground.

"Are you ready for tonight?" he asked as they walked inside the castle.

"I think so" she said "I'm a bit nervous though."

"Why that? We both know where you'll end up this time" Harry took off his winter gloves as they walked through the corridors of Hogwarts.

"Y-yes" Hermione started "but I don't know anyone in Ravenclaw, what if they don't like me either..."

"Don't speak like that Hermione" Harry grabbed her shoulder "I'm sure they'll love you, there will be someone who loves to do the same things as you, new friends as well."

"B-but you love doing many of the same things as me" Hermione said in a low voice.

"Yes, I know" Harry said with a smile "but it's very unlikely you'll be in Slytherin, you're not a pureblood, they wouldn't like that in the older years, it would just be worse than Gryffindor."

"I know, but I wish it wasn't like that" she looked a bit sad.

"Don't be sad Hermione" Harry said with a smile "everything is going to work out great."

............................................................................

Everyone sat in the Great Hall, waiting for the evening meal to start, but they would have to wait a bit longer than normal.

"Tonight" Dumbledore started "we have an important event before we will eat, a re-sorting is a rare occasion, this will be the first in nearly 300 years."

As Dumbledore finished, Hermione was being led up to the teacher's table, where the sorting hat sat on a chair. It wasn't long before it began to talk to her after it was placed on top her head.

"Gryffindor wasn't good, eh?" it said "as I said, I know where you belong, and it isn't there. Shall I place you where you belong now?"

'Please, just place me where I belong' Hermione thought.

"Very well then, I stand by what I decided that first night" the hat then yelled out "SLYTHERIN!"

A/N So sorry for not posting a new chapter when I promised to do it, I was too busy to do it. Anyway, with next chapter, I will also update the cover for the story. Hope you like my little surprise at the end, I've been thinking and setting the story up for out in the next few books. Next chapter will be next Saturday. Q