Control

The next month or so, things felt like they did before the wars began. He seemed happier, calmer. I assumed everything was calm in his lands for a while, & I was happy for him.

"Gutenmorgen Italy." he smiled as he walked up to me & kissed my forehead. "Vee~ Buongiorno Germany. Did you sleep well?" he shrugged as he grabbed a beer from the fridge. "Ja, I guess so. You?"

"Sí." I responded as I hopped up on the counter. He was  "You seem like you feel better Germany. That makes me very happy." He looked at me then took a sip of his beer. I snatched it away from him afterwords & laughed. "But you shouldn't be drinking first thing in the morning!" He laughed & looked down. "Come on, give it back." he teased. "Hmm... on oooonneee condition."

"And what might that be?"

"Kiss me."

he smiled a bit at me & sighed. "What am I to do with you Feliciano..." He came closer to me & brushed the hair from my eyes. Then gently, he pressed his soft lips against mine. "Alright hand it over." he grinned. "Ugh, Germany you're so persistent." I sighed as I handed back to him. He nodded as he took another sip & leaned against the counter in front of me.  Just as I went back in to kiss him, there was a loud banging at the door.

Germany rushed to the door to open it & find three of his soldiers. "Oh Hallo gentlemen, come in." he said sternly as they walked in. "Sir we have horrible news." the first one said. They all sat in the living in two couches facing each other with the mahogany coffee table in the middle. They had a stern look on their faces.  The second man  "The nazi party has completely taken control of all government. They're all over the city patroling the streets. We tried everything but we no longer have any power." Germany stared at the man in shock & maybe, even fear. "What?! What do you mean you can't do anything?!" he shouted, slamming his hand down on the coffee table. "They've taken total control of all of the government. Hitler & his army have total power over Berlin." I looked at him from the kitchen & frowned. His head was in his hand as he sighed in frustration. "I'm sorry sir. We did what we could. He couldn't be trusted." the German soldier remoursed. "Once we saw what he was doing we made a move to remove his power."

I jumped down from the counter & walked over to Germany, horror-stricken. The men stood up & headed towards the door. "We will notify as soon as anything's done sir."

"Ja. You may leave." Germany growled & they left.

I sat next to him & held his hand. "Germany...I-"

"Don't worry about me Italy. This is my battle to fight. I brought this on myself now I must face the consequences." then he went silent. It remained dead quiet for a couple minutes. The air felt so stagnate, as if something had just died. "What do you mean Doitsu...that you brought it on yourself?" I finally broke the silence. He looked over to me & looked a bit angry. "I just wanted-"

BAM! He slammed his hands down on the table and shot up from his seat. "I just wanted to be perfect!! I wanted my land to be pure & perfect! But THIS is what happens when you act in such a selfish way, Italy! You end up hurting the others around you!! I-.. I didn't want this! Now a monster has taken over Germany & there's nothing I can do." I shot up & hugged him. "Germany you listen to me. You can't blame this all on yourself. It's not all because of you. Whoever this... Hitler guy is. This is because of him! Not you Germany. Please listen to me. I know I personally might not make the best decisions in my country but that doesn't mean I'm completely oblivious to this kind of thing..." I paused & felt myself choke up. "Holy Rome...he wanted to be perfect. He wanted to be bigger & stronger, but he disappeared. I haven't seen him since I was young. I loved him with all of my heart & I don't want to lose you too..."

Germany looked at me softly with a tear slowly streaming from his eye. "Italy..." he started.

"Just listen to me okay? I don't want to lose you. Ti amo Germany." I blubbered.

He leaned down & kissed my forehead. "I won't go anywhere...I'm going to fight for you Italy. I'm not going to leave you alone, ever."