Chapter Four

The guy with bleach blonde hair sighs, "We will take her and kill her here tomorrow."

I look up at him emotionless, maybe this is for the best. 

He goes to bend over and grab me but almost instantly I change my mind when I see that the wolves on the other side are gone and I shift. 

I'm glad I don't take six years to shift like other wolves. I stand up and I take off in a bolt. Everyone seems so dazed and freaked out that it's almost a minute later until they react. I'm already over the river by the time that everyone shifts and goes to chase after me.

I stand on the other side shaking my tail and howling in a playful manner. Everyone shifts back into their human form. The looks on their faces are priceless. I strut away ignoring the pain in my leg.

I shift when I get close to my treehouse. It's not easy but I climb up my ladder and I plop down on my "bed". I pull on a baggy shirt and I lie back. 

Man, getting bit hurts. If I hurt their egos before me running away must have really hurt especially since I'm injured.

I pour some water on my leg making me wince and groan. I rip up an old white shirt I've barely worn and I wrap it around my leg. When I find that white wolf I'm gonna kill him and it won't be fast. I could never actually do that though, I don't have a truly mean bone in my body.

I lie down and I close my eyes. My eyes open when I hear that howl again. That howl is quite amazing.

I fall asleep listening to crickets. 

I wake up to the sound of rushing water. I groan sitting up, sleeping on wood and leaves really does a number on your back. I take the bloody shirt off my leg and I throw it in a corner of my room. The wound is still healing but it's almost gone.

I love the healing part of being a wolf, everything heals quickly.

I throw some black skin-tight skinny jeans on. I'm definitely not gonna shift today. I had a near-death experience last night and I don't plan on having another. I think I want to go to the city today. I need some supplies like food and maybe some new clothes. These ones are starting to smell like ass. That and I want to get away from the forest just in case the pack hired more mutts to take me out.

I open my hatch and I drop down. I take a deep breath, it's really warm today. I begin walking towards the city. Almost an hour later I reach where the forest ends and the city begins. I step over a wire fence and I walk through the city. 

I hate the city now, all the smells are overwhelming and makes me want to vomit. Maybe I should stop in and see my "parents". It takes me a while to get there, but when I finally get to my old neighborhood I stop in front of my old house and I take a deep breath. I walk up and I look in the window. I fall back in disbelief.

They got a new kid! A little girl with blonde pigtails in a cute little pink dress. I stand up and I begin to walk away. After I left they got a new kid. Was I once a new kid? Did they have a kid before me who they kicked out?

I stop when I hear my name. I turn around and I look at my "dad". He is standing on the porch with his arms crossed.

My heart begins beating fast. This is the man who raised me since I was seven and still he threw me away like trash. I sigh turning around before beginning to walk away.

"Sky please wait!!" He yells stepping off the porch.

I begin running and I won't stop even when I hear him calling my name. This was a stupid idea. I knew I was going to get hurt and yet I still came.