Chapter Twenty Three

I walk away from Chris while he is staring off into the distance muttering, "Mine."

I grab an eclair from a giant table and I sit down on a large rock before listening to his parents talk to Kale.

"No way that rat is your mate." The mother says making me laugh. 

"Plus she looks so young!" The father groans.

 Kale sighs, "She's sixteen." 

I take a bite of the eclair and I listen to the rest of the conversation. Almost ten minutes of bickering later Kale walks away from his parents towards me.

"Where's Andrew?" Kale asks sitting down next to me.

I shrug, "Who knows. Also, I have to ask you something. What's a mate because Andrew was saying something about it."

Kale raises his eyebrow, "What did he say?"

"Something about me being his mate," I say before taking a bite of my eclair.

Kale stands up quickly, "Do you have feelings for him?"

I shake my head no, "Ew gross."

"Do you long to see him?"

"Sometimes." I shrug. There's no reason to lie.

"Do you long for me?" Kale asks roughly.

"Sometimes."

Kale sniffs the air and takes off in a bolt towards Chris. I stand up quickly and I run after him. People follow curiously. I get to them just as they both shift and they begin attacking each other. 

"KALE! CHRIS!" I yell making them both stop and look at me. Oh shit, I used Chris's real name.

Kale turns to Chris and you can see the hate in his eyes. All you can see in Kale's eyes are fear. Kale goes to attack but Chris jumps back and begins running. People watch confused not knowing what to do.

I stand there not knowing what to do either so I shift and I begin running towards the river. Let them kill each other, see if I care. Sometime later I jump over the river and I shift back into human form when I reach my tree. I pull some spare clothes out of some shrubs before throwing them on and climbing my tree.

I sigh looking around, My place got ransacked.

I lie down near the wall, I'm extremely tired. 

'I'm gonna get my revenge Skyler.'

I shake his voice out of my head and I fall asleep.