Chapter Twelve

I wake up dazed. I open my eyes and I look at my wrists. I'm chained up against metal bars in the middle of the room. Chris is sitting on a metal chair in front of me.

"Good you're awake." Chris says standing up.

I scrunch my nose up and I go to shift but Chris shakes his head, "I wouldn't if I wear you. If you shift you'll dislocate your shoulders."

I sigh and I stop, "What do you want?"

He smiles, "Nothing yet."

I pray Kale is listening, 'You're a fucking asshole.'

'Oh yeah? How so?'

'Maybe it's the fact I'm chained up in a room that smells like ass and mold.'

I feel him get worried, 'What do you mean you're chained up?'

'I think chained up means chained up.'

"I asked you a question," Chris says poking my arm.

I shake my head, "What did you say?"

"I asked if you were hungry."

"Nope, I'm not hungry," I say trying to listen to what Kale is saying.

Chris raises his eyebrow, "You're talking to someone else aren't you?"

"No, I'm just talking to you."

Chris bends my neck to the side, "Where did you get bit? Tell me or I'll go searching."

'SKYLER! WHAT'S HAPPENING?'

He pulls a switchblade out of his pants pocket, "Tell me or I'll cut all your clothes off."

I sigh, "Lower left leg."

'SKYYY!"

He bends over and cuts my skinny jeans from the knee down. Chris shifts without even taking his clothes off. Chris's wolf is beautiful. He has brown, red, and white fur that looks well-groomed. He is huge, just like Kale.

He steps towards me and sinks his teeth into my leg exactly in the same place Kale did. I scream out hitting my legs against the metal bars. It hurts much worse than before. This time my heart hurts. It feels like my soul is getting taken away. Fuck, it hurts so bad!

He releases my leg and walks away through a door near the back of this concrete room.

I look at my leg and I sigh, my leg hurts so bad. The last time I was bit I guess I was scared so I wasn't thinking of the pain. My head seems so empty. I'm confused, Kale seemed actually worried like he was surprised I was kidnapped.

"It's because Kale didn't help us kidnap you." Chris says walking back in the room wearing a baggy purple shirt and blue jeans, "I have someone working at the establishment Kale and you ate at."

I groan, "Great now I have you in my head."

He smiles, "Don't look so glum. I'm great company."

I roll my eyes, these chains are uncomfortable. 

He stops in front of me, "I'll unchain you if you promise not to shift or run."

"Okay, I promise not to shift or run."

Chris pulls a set of keys out and unlocks the chains around my wrists. I drop to the ground and I groan. 

I sigh, I had to get bit. Again.