Chapter Five

After getting supplies I go to my treehouse. I love Walmart, they have everything at such a low price. I throw everything in a corner and I sigh falling down onto the floor. I need something to do. Maybe I should start a garden, that would be nice. 

Eh, what the hell. I want to go to the river. It's almost an addiction at this point. I throw on a black baggy tank top and I climb out of my tree. I make my way to the river and I sigh. 

They left someone behind. Probably waiting for me to jump over. 

The river calms down during the day, you can hear and smell everything. 

"I can smell you." I yell sitting down on the ledge.

A guy with black hair and light blue eyes walks out and sits on the ledge. Honestly, he is pretty chubby, "Hope I don't smell too bad."

I laugh, "You smell strangely like wolf and peaches."

He rolls his eyes, "So you're the river jumper?"

I sigh, "They couldn't come up with a better name?"

He tosses a rock in the river, "They use to call you Jet but that changed last night."

I raise my eyebrow, "Jet?"

"Your fast and your wolf is black, Jet black even."

"Why did my name change?" I ask throwing a rock into the river. Honestly, I'm glad mutts never really come to this river because they are scared of the pack.

"You were caught." He says shrugging.

"My name is Sky." 

He smiles, "That's a lot better than River Jumper or Jet. I'm Leonardo."

I sigh, "I have a question. Why haven't you called the mutts yet?"

He shrugs, "I don't particularly care for violence. I'm their head tracker and I'm supposed to call when you show up."

I scoff, "They left you to wait for me? Ouch."

"Were you bitten or born?"

I raise my eyebrow, "What?"

"Were you turned into a wolf or were you born a wolf?"

I shrug, "I don't know honestly. Could be either."

He nods, "I was bitten about twenty years ago."

"You look so young."

He smiles softly, "We don't age like humans."

I stand up, "It was a pleasure but I must get going now."

He stands up quickly, which almost makes him topple over, "Will you be back?"

I shrug walking away, "Maybe. See you later Leonardo."

He was sweet, I wonder if he's going to tell the pack that he saw me.

I wander around the woods looking at the wildlife. It's fascinating to think that any of these animals could be human. Well, at least part human that is. I mean I'm a wolf, who's to say someone isn't a rabbit or bird. I laugh at the thought. That must be terrible to shift from human to frog. It's terrible to even shift into a wolf.

I pick up my clothes from behind the tree and I make my way back to my treehouse. I want to move, this treehouse is getting old. I sit down against the tree and I close my eyes. Jet, what a funny name. I guess it makes sense though.