Chapter Thirty

I wake up to Lily jumping on me hard. I groan and I flip over. When I see that it's just Lily I grab her and I begin tickling her. She giggle screams and jumps off the bed before running out of the room still giggling.

Chris is leaning against the door frame smiling, almost laughing even.

"I can't believe you didn't run away last night." 

I yawn, "Where am I gonna go?"

He shrugs, "The cops?"

"And tell them what? I'm a wolf and me and my sister were kidnapped by another wolf? I was in the system for almost seven years of my life and if I went back in the system there is no way I'm getting adopted again before I turn eighteen. I'm like seventeen now. I think. I don't know. The point is I'll be in the system for another year of my life. Plus do you know what happens to little girls in the system?"

Chris sighs, "Jeez your depressing."

He tosses me a yellow apple before leaving. He does have a point though. I should try running away. I take a bite of the apple and I smile. I finish all of the apple, I don't know when I'm gonna eat again and I walk out of the room. Chris is watching tv with Lily, I think they're watching Bill Nye.

I sit down on the couch against the wall and I sigh, "Is there anything to do that's not watching tv?"

I'm not complaining I just want to see how far I can push him. He had me locked in a basement for two months with only a cockroach. This is heaven.

Chris turns and looks at me, "We coulddd do something but you probably wouldn't want to do it."

I mentally cringe and I turn away looking at the tv. EWWwwwWWW!

I groan and I sit back. 

Chris looks down before looking back up, 'Do you smell that?'

I take a deep breath and I stand up, 'Wolf!'

He nods and stands up, "Take Lily to her room and stay there. Don't make any noises."

I bend over and I grab Lily before running to her room and I close the door. I pull open the closet door and I set Lily down in the closet.

"Hey stay here Lily." 

She nods and I close the closet door. I sit down on Lily's bed when I hear a knock on the door.

Chris comes running into the room, "Go answer the door! Don't tell them shit or else!"

I stand up and I walk out of the room and to the front door. I pull on a smile and I open the door.

Two guys, one with long wavy dark brown hair and brown eyes and one with short spiky black hair and green eyes. Wow his eyes are similar to mine.

"Hi, what can I do for you guys today?" I say looking at their outfits. The one with brown hair is wearing a purple graphic tee shirt with jeans and the other one is wearing a black leather jack and black skinny jeans.

"We heard a scream and we were wondering if everyone is all right." The one with brown hair says trying to look into the house.

"No screaming. Do you live near here?" I asked closing the door a bit.

"Oh yeah, just down the rode." The guy with black hair says pointing off into the distance. They obviously don't live near Chris.

"Do you live here alone?" The brown-haired guy says looking around more. They both look like they are in their late twenties.

"Yeahh, my dad did live with me but he died about a week ago." I say pulling on a sad face.

The guy with the black hair pulls on the same sad face, "Oh I'm sorry for your loss."

I turn around when I hear a floorboard creek. They hear it too and they both raise their eyebrows.

"Uhh well it's great meeting you two but you guys should get going," I say as I go to close the door but the one with black hair sticks his foot in so the door doesn't close and they push their way inside.

"I don't think we are going anywhere."