Chapter Forty

Kale came back some time later with his parents who were smiling weakly. Everyone at the table heard it, Kale was ripping into his parents telling them that he loved me and we were mates. 

Kale's mom takes a deep breath and turns to me, "I'm sorry about that Skyler. May I talk to you in the other room?"

I shrug and I stand up, "I guess."

Kale raises his eyebrow and he sits down. I follow his mom out of the room curiously.

As soon as we are out of the room Kale's mom grabs my neck and slams me up against the wall, "I know what you are doing bitch! Leave my son out of it! All you want is his money for your daughter. Your just a gold digger slut."

I groan and I try to get out of her grip but for a old lady she's strong, "Let me go, I'm actually in love with your son."

She pulls my hand up and shoves a wad of cash in my hand, "Take this money and your daughter and leave or I'll come back here and I'll crush your wind pipe. Think of your daughter."

She squeezes on my wind pipe a bit making me cough before letting me go. I bend over and I cough a bit before shoving the money in my pocket and walking back into the dinning room with Kale's mom. All the bills in the wad of money were hundreds.

I sit down next to Kale and I smile at him before I turn to Lily. She is eating chicken nuggets. I look back at Kale and I mentally sigh. I feel attached to Kale but its basically my fault the Lily is in this situation. Plus I think Kale's mom is insane enough to actually try killing me.

Kale's mom looks at me disgusted before turning to Trinity smiling, "Come on sweetie we're leaving."

Kale's uncle stands up, "I should get going too. It's been great seeing you Kale and great meeting you Skyler."

I smile at the uncle, "Yeah its lovely to meet you too."

Kale and me watch as the mom, dad, Vance, and Trinity walk out of the room. Alec stands up and walks over to us after Kale and I stand up.

Alec turns to me, "Sorry about our mom she can be a bit... close minded. A mutt killed her sister and one of her daughters."

I smile softly, "Yeah its fine. She doesn't bother me."

That's a lie.

"I should get going too." Alec says leaning forwards and kissing me cheek, Kale clearly didn't like that. He turns and hugs Kale ruffly.

We wave Alec good bye and he leaves. Kale, Lily, and I spend the rest of the day watching Sons of Anarchy.  

At night I put Lily in her room and I tell her to play with toys quietly without Kale knowing. After I change into some short pajama shorts and my No Face jumper Kale got me I crawl in bed next to Kale. 

Almost an hour later after I'm sure he's asleep I pull a bag out of his closet and I quickly throw my clothes in. I'm glad Kale is a heavy sleeper. I look down at my hand and I pull the ring I got Kale off. I set it down on the pillow next too him. I open the door quietly and I step out closing it behind me. I open Lily's door and she is sleeping. I walk past her and I throw her clothes and a few toys in. I pick Lily up and she stirs but she doesn't wake up.

I walk out of her room and I make my way to the kitchen. I put some food and water bottles in the bag before grabbing a piece of paper and writing,

Dear Kale, 

     I'm sorry but I can no longer be here. Just know this is nothing that you did. I'm fine and so is Lily. Just so that you know I'm not being forced to write this, french fries. I know this is gonna hurt you but its gonna hurt me even more. Please don't try finding me.

                                                                             Love,

                                                                                          Skyler

I place the note on the counter and I pick the bag and Lily up before making my way out of the house. I just begin walking down the gravel rode. Almost an hour later I reach the city and I get a taxi.

The taxi driver turns around smiling around me, "Hello, where may I take you lovely ladies?"

I buckle Lily in and I turn to the driver, "How far can you go?"

"If you have the money, I can take you to the edge of the country." 

I nod, "Then you should begin driving."

He smiles softly, turns around, and begins driving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A jumper is a sweater if you didn't know.

:)