New Friends New Home

Coren:(As we were walking to my "masters" home I felt some,new,weird feeling under my hooves,I looked down and to my surprise the ground was made from rocks instead of dirt,I looked at John and he began to chuckle)

John:This type of ground is new to ya ain't it?

Coren:(I didn't say anything,one I couldn't because of the cloth over my mouth and two,because I didn't want to talk to him,I hated him!)

(As we were getting close to his hut I was shocked at how different it looked,it wasn't made from fur or any wood except for the top,the rest was again made from rocks,from stone....it was much sturdier as well,how do they do it?Making something so big and strong for tiny and weak humans,but I guess I can't say that....I'm the one in the chains.When that though went through my head I saw the most awful sight I had ever seen.It was a colt that was 13 years old,the poor thing had his hands tied behind him as I have mine,chains around his hooves as well,and his head held down in shame,you couldn't tell what color his coat was nor his skin,he was covered in black stuff and had scars all over him.I looked behind him and saw a horrid man sitting on the wagon the colt was forced to pull,with reins in one hand and a sharp ended whip in the other.With the jerk of the reins and the snap of the whip across the colts back several times,the poor thing soon dropped to his knees in utter agony after he failed to pull the heavy cart.I was about to help him when I noticed someone beat me to him,it was John!?)

John:Mr.Samuel?!What is the meaning of this cruel treatment?!

Samuel:(in a low harsh voice)You tend to your own business an' leave me to mine.(raising the whip again and bringing it down on the poor centaur)Get up ya lazy thing!

John:(grabbing Samuel's wrist before he could hit the helpless creature again)I'll buy the centaur from ya,how much are you willin to take?

Samuel:Hmmm.....I'd say about 10,000,for such a "fine" creature.

John:Very well.(shaking the man's hand)Unhook him and put him on this ones back.(pointing to Coren)

Samuel:Alright.(unhooking the little centaur's damaged body and placing him on Coren)Pleasure doing business with ya sir.(walking away with a pocket full of money and a sly grin on his face)

John:(sigh)I'm sorry that I had to give you a load to carry,but I couldn't just leave the child with that man....He wouldn't have made it long.(looking at Coren and noticing that his mouth is covered)I don't think that's comfortable is it,here(taking off the cloth around Coren's mouth and cutting of the rope that tied his hands together)Better?

Coren:(turning his head not to look at John while rubbing his wrists)........Why are you nice and not brutal?Why did you help him?

John:What?Why on earth wouldn't I help the poor creature?

Coren:Because that's the way you humans are!You steal what doesn't belong to you and keep what is yours only to help yourself!

John:That may be the case for most of us humans,but there are still a couple of good ones out there that are willing to help.

Coren:I will trust no human.(looking at the centaur on his back as his eyes narrowed with anger)How could anyone do this to someone so young!?

John:Let's get him inside.(walking on the right side of his house where a stable was)Put him in that stall,you'll be staying on the right of him.

Coren:(as I walked into the stall and placed the centaur softly on the ground a female centaur quickly rose her head,startling me)W-what tha,who are you?!

Female centaur:Me?I'm Rain.What's your name?
(Rain Age 15)

What's your name?(Rain Age 15)