Powers and Pain

(This is the chapter where I introduce more magic into the story,and I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense but,whatever,if you don't like it don't read the story,that's all.But if you do like it I thank you greatly)

(It's been a few weeks of staying here at Cecile's mansion....It's been okay but...I wouldn't call it the best place to live,it's tiring and not any fun at all,we never go outside unless it's to work and I never get to run around anymore.....But....I guess it's better than working with a master like Zack or my father,or even Star's old master,so I really shouldn't complain.Right now Burnell is giving us all baths out of are stalls on the mistress orders.)

Burnell:There you go!Now you don't have any filthy dirt ruining you precious coats.(He says while putting the soapy brush down and pouring water over Coren's back)Alright,who's next-

Coren:(I shake my tail and it flicks him in the face,getting water all over him)Oops,sorry...(My head goes down as I think he'll yell at me,but to my surprise he just grabs and towel and laughs as he dries off)

Burnell:Thanks,that was refreshing.Alright,it's your turn Nicholas.(Watching Coren trot back into his stall)

Nicholas:O-okay...(He shyly comes out of the stall when Burnell unlocks the door and opens it)

Burnell:Alright now,be still.(He pours the bucket of water over Nicholas and then begins to brush him with the soapy brush until a loud voice is heard from the back doors of the mansion)

Cecile:Burnell,are you almost done with those beasts,my brother is coming soon to try them out and I do not want him to have to wait!

Burnell:Yes mistress,I just need to finish up Nicholas and then I'll be done.

Cecile:You better!(She slams the doors)

Burnell:(He patted Nicholas on his side when he felt him shake)Don't be scared....Just do your best and I'm sure the master will like you.He will not punish you like they've done to me.

Coren:Why do you let them treat you so...You are man,you are stronger the most beings...Why don't you act like it?!

Burnell:(He began to scrub Nicholas' back)Like I said...I am in the same position as you are....My family was not a wealthy one,and to get enough money to survive they sold me into slavery.

Siras:Your own parents did such a thing?!

Rain:Then they are not parents at all!(She snorted in anger)How dare they even referred to them as such!

Nicholas:But what do you mean punish them as they do you?....How is it different?

Burnell:I mean that our mistress and master are not normal humans....They can use magic to inflict pain,just like we used in the war,but only few people can use magical powers.

Coren:(I then remembered the elemental bullets that were fired from those guns)So that's how it was done?....Then there must truly be unicorn,pegasus,and alicorn centaurs,like what I was told as a colt?My mother always told me that they protected the five lower herds as the great leaders,kings and queens of all centaurs,they are said to live in the Sky Herd,watching over all.

Burnell:(He laughed)My you have a big imagination,just because a few humans have magic doesn't mean that fairy tails begin to come true!(He watches as Coren looks away,feeling embarrassed)Do not look so upset Coren....You may be right....I only hope that those creatures are not kept in cages and being used to make money.