Family

(9 months have went by as we stayed in the barn waiting for the baby to be born and it was...I'm laying next to her in the corral as she gives birth to our little angel)

(Koda (Koh-dah) Age:Foal and will get older)

(Right now he's a foal,he'll look like the pic at the top when he's older)

Coren:(I cradled him in my arms as his eyes were closed and his arms reached out to me)Look Rain...It's our son,isn't he beautiful?What do you think about the name Koda....What do you think?....(I had tears of joy running down my face,when I looked at Rain she only laid there and said nothing)R-Rain?....(I nudged her with my hand)Look,don't you want to see him?!He's a healthy colt who needs to see his mother smile,to feel her warmth!Please just open your eyes and look at him!(I turned her head towards me and I cried at the sight,her eyes held no life in them....She was dead.Just as I laid her head down I felt my son move in my arms and he looked up at me with beautiful blue and brown eyes and smiled brightly at me)

Koda:(He slowly got up but then stumbled back down landing on his face and he began to whimper)

Coren:(He quickly wiped his tears and got up,helping Koda get back on his hooves)You're okay....One hood in front of the other.(He showed Koda how to walk and he quickly caught on)There you go,you're a pro.

Koda:(The foal whinnied and began to trot around him until he saw his mothers body)M-mo...Mommy?....

Coren:(He walked up next to Koda as tears began to form)Yes,that's mommy....She's just sleeping for right now....

Koda:(He looked at Coren)D-da...Daddy?...

Coren:Yes,I'm your daddy Koda.(He heard the corral gate open and Burnell walked in to check on them,Burnell had a big smile on his face when he saw Koda,but faded when he saw Rain)

Burnell:I'm so sorry Coren....And for Koda...

Coren:Please don't tell him the truth,I don't think he's ready yet.

Burnell:I understand-(Burnell,Coren and Koda all looked at the gate as it slammed open and Samuel,Cecile and Axel walked in the corral,observing the dead body and the walking foal)

Axel:Oh well.I'll soon be getting two others to replace her.You can take them away now.

Coren:(He stood protectively next to Koda as Samuel walked towards them with a rope in his hand and a whip in the other)Get behind me Koda.

Koda:(The foal quickly got behind his father as he whimpered from the scary man)

Samuel:Move it!(He snapped his whip and watched as the foal shivered in fear)