Hard Times

(The next day after Siras' punishment,both him and Nick were sold.Siras went back to the coal mines and Nick was given to a taxi business,and it seemed that I would be closer to being sold as well.It's been a whole year since I first got here,and in those times I began to fall in love with Rain...Sleeping next to each other,pulling the carriage side by side,and comforting each other when we were scared or upset,how could we not be in love.Even though we weren't together very long.After they sold Nick and Siras I was the one they used for most heavier jobs,and now that I was 19 they thought of it to get some high money from me....Soon they would sell me too,and to a royal rental business,meaning that for any price reasonable any person of royal blood could use me for any purpose they saw fit,I guess that's Cecile's and Axel's way of keeping me in check without watching me,after all they are of royal blood,so they could still use me if they paid for it.Now I'm standing at another auction and waiting for my new master to come and take me away,while also being looked at by a few people.When I was led to my new master,I felt my heart sink as I saw the boar of a man who Star unfortunately had as a master,Mr.Samuel.Just another rich fool who gets money and joy from using others)

Samuel:Hello there,so we meet again.(He chuckled)I've got a perfect place for you in my Royal Centaur Rental Business,and now that John is dead and out of the picture,you're gonna work for me till there's nothing left from ya.

Coren:(He yanked at the lead and I was forced to follow him until we got to a mansion with a huge barn that stood there with centaurs going in and out of it,pulling big loaded carts and heavy fancy carriages.I didn't like this place at all,no one was kind to one another,and they certainly weren't kind to the centaurs.As I was led into a cramped stall I looked over to my left to see a brown and white dappled centaur staring at me with his head tilted)Yes?...What is it?...

(Ash Age:17)

Ash:Oh...I'm sorry....The names Ash,could I know yours?....

Coren:(I decided to give him my name,even though he probably wouldn't be able to say it out loud....It's a surprise he isn't getting in trouble now for speaking out of turn)The name is Coren....It's nice to meet you Ash...

Ash:Do forgive me Prince Coren but....Don't you remember me?...

Coren:(I looked closer at the stallion)No...I'm sorry but,I'm not able to remember much from my past now....It just saddens me....

Ash:Ah,please forgive me Prince Coren,but...I was one of the training warriors for your herd,I watched as you trained with your father,but I don't expect you to have noticed me....(The centaur bowed down)I want to ask for your forgiveness,as a warrior to the Forest Herd I did nothing but shame myself and those in it....I carried fear within me and I ran away,only to end up getting captured.I beg for you forgiveness my prince,I've already asked it of Sir Arthur and Sir Zack,now I ask that you forgive me....(The centaur stayed bowed before Coren)

Coren:Please lift up your head(He watched as the centaur slowly raised up)I understand why you would've felt fear from the man,especially since you were much younger than I when that happened....And I have noticed you before-Wait?!Did you say you apologized to Zack and Arthur...As in...They're here?!!