Will

I frowned and ran back out to the main entrance of the restaurant.  I worked here every weekend- every other day I worked at the hospital.  Sometimes I was still called to the school to heal.  I felt so much older now, even though I was only 18.  I sighed.  The kid at table 17 was wailing, food splashed over his face.  Rushing over to him, I handed the parents a napkin and they thanked me quickly.   I went to the back patio where more people sat and made my way swiftly to table 8.  

"Hi, I'm Will and I'll be serving yo-" I looked up.  "Oh, hey guys! How are you all?"  I smiled cheerily at the people in the chairs.  Percy, Annabeth, Frank and Hazel smiled back at me.  

"Hey, Will!" Percy laughed.  The rest of them chorused their greetings and I took their orders and went to the kitchen to deliver them.  On the way back out I had to take another family's orders. A young girl ordered a extra tall double cheeseburger and I made a friendly bet that she couldn't finish it.  She laughed and bet that she could.  I made a few deliveries and then went back out to check on Percy and the others.  As a waiter I had learned to be fast on my feet, and was barely out of breath when I reached them.  We talked for a while, caught up, and then they had to go.

"Well, guys, I'm feeling nice today." I joked.   "How about this ones on me?" 

"Will, we couldn't let you do that." Hazel commented.  The rest of the group agreed. 

"Aw, but I insist!" I retorted and they halfheartedly agreed.  After a series of "thank you"s and "see you later"s, I got back to work.  

Finally I was home.  I kicked off my shoes and sped upstairs.  My window was open, letting in a cold rush, and I closed it a little.  I sighed and checked the time.  He would be coming home in half an hour.  I knew it was wrong for me to think like that- remember him so often and not move on, but it was so hard.  After all this time, I would never move on.  I picked up a peice of paper and a pen and wrote one sentence- How was your day? Then I folded it up and infused it with my own glow.  His door opened and slammed shut, as it did every night at 10:00.  In a matter of seconds he was in his room, and today for the second time ever, he slipped on a sweatshirt and climbed onto his roof.  He lay in the cold just a few feet away from my window.  I took a breath and quietly tossed my paper airplane at him, relying completely on luck and my good aim from archery.  I watched his perpetual scowl shift into a smile as he watched it float above him, and he reached up to catch it.  Then he held it for a moment before going inside and coming back out empty handed.  The smile didn't leave his eyes.  I loved that.  Why was I even doing this? It was a hopeless effort.  He would probably just throw it away anyway.  He wouldn't even know it was me sending them.  It wouldn't make a difference even if he did remember me.  After all, he had a boyfriend.  

SHORT CHAPTER GUYS, SORRY! ALSO IM REEEAALLLLYYYY SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVVERRR SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME I WILL UPDATE AGAIN SOON! LOVE YOU ALL, SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER!! 

XXSAM