Will

I was hesitant as I made my way into Nico's house for the first time. My heart sped up slightly as I saw him, casually sitting on the arm of his couch. He was leaning backwards and eating a slice of toast. His black hair still hung in front of his eyes, but a bit of it was tied back into a small ponytail. A black skull t shirt fitted loosely over his chest, and he wore his black skinny jeans exactly the way I remembered. I fought the urge to wrap my arms around him from behind and squeeze him tightly. Tears pricked my eyes for the hundred millionth time, and I cursed silently. Would I never be over this guy? Aaron led the way to the living room, where we apparently would be studying.
"Hey, Gem. Wills here, so we're going to start working soon." Gem? Aaron walked over to Nico and ruffled his hair, then kissed him on the top of his head. Nico grimaced, then smiled, a smile that used to be reserved for me, and a sharp pang of jealousy buried its way into my gut. I plastered on a fake laid back smile and quietly took a breath. The black haired boy tilted his head back and looked at Aaron, then hesitantly kissed his nose and chuckled.
"Okay. You guys need anything, or.." Nico's voice had a twinge of something in it... I couldn't figure it out.
"I'm ok. Will?"
"No, I'm fine, thanks." I responded, a mix of emotions bubbling up my throat. Anger, hurt, confusion, and jealousy... this boy was really something. Not for the first time I felt myself looking Aaron over. He was smart, kind, helpful, and a son of Hermes. And the worst part? He was a great boyfriend- a great guy in general. I would even be his friend if he weren't dating Nico. There was literally nothing I could say against the guy. He smiled at me and we sat down, but during the study session I couldn't find it in me to think of anything but the fact that I shouldn't be there. My heart just wasn't in it. I should have been the one kissing Nico's forehead, and calling him funny nicknames and ruffling his hair. After hours, I finally heard a voice.
"Will.. Will?"
"Hmm?" Aaron was calling my name.
"You okay? We were going over- you know what? We should stop. You seem exhausted. There is such a thing as over studying, you know. It may be a difficult test, but not worth risking your health over. You should know, doctor." He joked. I forced myself to smile with him, but inside I was burning. "Continue tomorrow?" He asked and I nodded in confirmation. "Great. See you then." He walked me out.
"Bye, Will." Nico called after me.
"Bye." I laced my voice with cheer, though in reality I wanted to die.
Midnight found me trying to cry myself to sleep. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find a way to make it to tomorrow. I just wanted him to remember- but if he did, would he even want me anymore? Would he just stay happy with Aaron? I wouldn't blame him. He was perfect- everything I used to be and more. I wrote another note- a simple "You look nice tonight." I sighed and shot a burst of light into the paper before folding it up. About an hour later, I heard footsteps. Seems like someone couldn't sleep either. I looked outside the window at the boy on the roof. Silent tears were slipping down his cheeks. He wept and covered his face with his hands. I crumpled up my note and wrote a new one- "Please don't cry, your smile is prettier." I sent the glowing airplane out the window. The only reason I even bothered anymore was to make him happy. I watched in grieving silence as he reached up and softly opened the airplane. Tear stains lined his face and they continued to pour out as he read the note. He smiled softly, then started to laugh, still being incredibly quiet. I wondered how he could still light up the night with his laugh after such a tortured cry. He slipped down into his room and returned, but this time only his head, shoulders, and arms reappeared over the trapdoor. He leaned his cheek against his hand and stared up at the stars.
"How can I talk back to you..?" He muttered just loud enough to hear, and for the first time in ages, a real smile played at my lips.

HI. SO I KNOW IVE BEEN KINDA ON AND OFF WIT UPDATES, SORRY!! THANK YOU FOR READING, LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!❤️SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER,
XXSAM