Will

I started to fade before I knew it.  Nico tried to tell me, but I didn't realise what was happening until I looked down.  I guess I had been so upset and nostalgic for old times that I did exactly what I tell- used to tell Nico not to do. I hated shadow traveling. I could feel myself being pulled in a hundred different directions. I didn't know where I was going- no specific place would enter my mind.  I tried to focus, like Nico used to do, but the only thing that I could muster up was a fading image of him trying to pull me back into reality before this darkness overwhelmed me.  There was so much physical pressure on me it felt like I had left the atmosphere- but that wasn't possible.  I strained in the black mess to find a way back into my body and on the ground.  Every piece of me felt like it was ripping apart.  I screamed silently and all of a sudden there was a temperature drop and I felt myself falling. Then I was lifted back up for a while before being set down.  I was whole again- but where? I opened my eyes and immediately felt sick.  My stomach heaved and I swallowed.  I let myself lie on my back for a while, recovering, before standing up and trying to make out my surroundings.  I saw colors, and  tiles on the walls... I knew where I was- the hospital.  Why was I in the hospital? How did I get here? 

"Will? You're awake. Good." A nurse walked in. "You have a visitor."

"A- a visitor?" I was having trouble speaking, but she seemed to have understood, as she nodded and walked out.  A boy with ragged black hair poked his head in.

"Hi, Will."

"Hello, Nico." I tried for a smile and almost walked over.  He came to see me!

"Uh-uh! Don't move.  You're still weak, we can't have you up and about before you're recovered. Do you know what happened?"  I shook my head, amused by how much he sounded like me.

"You reappeared at the lake, passed out completely and fading.  That must've been some strong force to make you start fading right away.  I'm not sure I could've done that."

"You definitely could've. You did do that." I muttered.

"So I brought you here, and then you slept for about 13 hours, and then you woke up. And that's now."  He finished.

"13 hours? When you were fading you slept for a month." I stated curiously.

"What?" Nico's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.  I remembered that he didn't know, and shrugged.

"Nothing."  It seemed to be a good enough answer for him.

"You got some news today." He blurted after a minute.

"Huh?"

"One of the doctors retired to go to college, the hospital needed a replacement. I was standing at the door and they wanted me to go get you so they could show you the ropes of being a doctor here." He said quietly.

"Oh... wait.  I'm a doctor now? Finally! But... no." I didn't have my healing powers anymore.  That was Nico. 

"I can fill in while you recover and until we can reverse.. whatever this is. We will reverse it, or something bad is going to happen.  We have to."   He pursed his lips and I nodded in confirmation. 

"Don't worry. We will." I was convincing myself just as much as I was convincing him. He started trembling, and I realized he was scared- I was too. Instinctively I took his hand and he didn't pull away. Lost in thought, I rubbed comforting circles on the back of his hand with my thumb subconsciously.
"I should be comforting you, you're the one fading into a hospital bed." He joked lightly.
"What a situation we are in." I smiled back.

HEY GUYS SO I REALLY LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE HERE ARE THE FIRST SIGNS OF SOLANGELO!! WHOOP WHOOP! OK SO THANKS, LOVE YOU ALL AND SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER,
XXSAM