Will

I started crying when I found out Nico got his memory back- I was certain that we were through, and any hopes had started fading, but this seemed like a dream come true.  Percy even punched me to make sure I was awake.  Nico and I spent the rest of the day together, still having trouble believing this day was real.  I had gone into the doctors office after I heard about Percy, and walked in to find Nico practically burning the in light.  When it finally died down he was shakily standing, his eyes wide and full of tears, and he threw himself at me and knocked me onto my back.  I was so lost, but at the same time I knew exactly what happened.  We had gone back home and sat down on the couch, just talking, him laying against me and me playing with his hair. He had apologized at least a million times for just up and leaving me. It seemed he had regained his memory perfectly. There was only one problem now- our powers.  

Nico and I finally decided to ask Chiron what he knew- if anyone could help us, he could.  We went the next day back to the school and met with him.  We had to explain everything- including  our power switch and the return of Nico's memory.  It amazed me that we had been away from school for so long that he didn't know about any of this- it felt like we had just left last week.  Chiron paced and stroked his chin in thought.  The clip clop of his hooves made watching him very distracting.

"There is a way."  He finally stopped in front of me.  We leaned in in anticipation.  "There is a cure for such a curse, and it's not far.  In Canada, a moss grows in the Mixed Forest.  It is found under the roots of the White Pine.  Find it, retrieve it and return back safely.  Then it will be made into a paste that each of you must wipe on the others lips.  It won't work if you put it on yourself.  The only thing that I fear you won't like- only one of you can go."  We had been extremely relieved by the explanation, but at this we were both disappointed. 

"Are you sure? I- we- I don't want to leave him again." I explained to Chiron.  He nodded understandingly.

"Sorry, my boy. It's the only way."  I sighed and nodded.

"Should I go, then?" I turned to Nico.

"I'll go.  You stay here, they might need you."  He objected, and I halfheartedly agreed.  Nico and I thanked Chiron and he left to go get ready.  First thing in the morning I met him at the campus border.  

"Stay safe. I love you." He nodded, his lips pressed together in a firm line, and I realised how scared he was of leaving.  He wrapped his arms around me and I pulled him into a tight, comfortable hug, holding him as if I was never going to see him again. He buried his head into the crook of my neck and we stayed there for a while before he reluctantly let go and cocked his head, brushing a tear off my cheek.  I had only just gotten him back- I couldn't afford to lose him again.  

"I'll be home soon. I love you." He gave me another quick hug and then turned and walked away, waving slightly.  I waved back.

HALLELUJAH WE ARE ON THE WAY TO FIXING THINGS AT LAST!! HAHA SO THANKS FOR READING, LOVE YALL AND SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER!!

XXSAM