Will

DEDICATED TO readeverythingallday - the girl who hates Aaron just as much as I do and practically predicted the next chapter's events😛

Last night I heard a bump on my window. I had opened it, feeling practically dead, and a small silver paper airplane flew in. Though the message was short, I knew exactly who it was from, and I was thrilled. I woke up in the morning with renewed happiness and confidence, and worked through the day with a thoroughness I couldn't explain. When Frank asked me why I was so cheery and bouncy today, I simply shrugged and smiled. "I feel good," I had said. I shoved my medical exam study books into my backpack for the fourth time that week and headed off to Nico's place to study. Nothing could break me today- well, at least not until I got to his house.

It started out perfectly normal. Aaron greeted me at the door and we started to study. Nico left to get us drinks, and when he came back he just started sketching on the couch. By the end of the study session, I felt golden. I walked to the door, shouldering my backpack.

"Bye, Will!" Aaron called.

"Bye, Aaron. Thanks!" As much as I wanted to, I just couldn't hold a grudge against the guy. I mean, really, he didn't do anything wrong.

"Oh, Will! Hang on a sec." He called me back and I turned around, waiting for him to return. "C'mere." He gestured for me to come closer until I was back in the living room. Nico was sitting, looking utterly confused, on the couch, and his hands were bound behind his back.

"Aaron, what are you doing?" He whispered. I moved towards him protectively, but with a flick of his wrist my hands were bound and I couldn't move. What was going on? Aaron's form flickered, and he grinned wickedly. Soon he had transformed completely, his skin got darker and his hair turned a wicked black with white streaks. I sneered as his casual attire folded into a dark robe.

"Who are you?" I demanded. He smiled darkly.

"Nico knows. We've met before, haven't we, Gem? " Nico's eyes were wide, then he narrowed them.

"You're Moros- god of doom. We met in Tartarus." Something of a memory flashed in Nico's eyes, and he looked pained. Moros' lips stretched into a smile, and he winced. "But-" Nico struggled, his face contorted and his eyes shut. "You were- you were weak. You couldn't- couldn't move."

"That's right! But see, after I met you I realised something. You were the most miserably doomed person I knew- just what I needed to regain strength. Do you know how hard it was to summon a monster to your school strong enough to knock your memories out?" He ranted. "Then I had to make you all believe I was a student while I feasted on your old thoughts. Ugh!" Moros squinted in disgust, then his face turned happy again. "But, see, you've provided me with strength, Nico di Angelo. And as much as you don't know it, Will Solace, your pain also has healed me. And now I know you will try to stop me, so please don't move while I take a moment to confuse you again. Don't worry, it'll only last a few hundred years before it wears off." He grinned wickedly. What was this monster of a god talking about?! I wormed my hands free and jumped at him, tackling him, and Nico followed my example, grabbing his sword. He disappeared in a flash of light and reappeared next to us. "Tsk, tsk. I wasn't going to resort to violence, but I suppose if you insist.." He pulled out a dagger and nonchalantly shot it towards Nico, and it spiraled directly at his heart. He snarled and dove out of the way, and the dagger buried itself into the couch pillows. We locked eyes, Nico and I, and came to a silent agreement. I reached inside me for all the power I had, and I could tell Nico was doing the same. We both shot our powers at the god, who, clearly struggling under the pressure of Nico's darkness and my light, resisted until he collapsed. Right before we were certain of our victory, however, he glanced up and snapped. Something was terribly wrong. My insides flopped and my head killed, like someone was trying to kill me with a hundred 3 pound hammers. I fell backwards. Everything turned black, then with a flash of light I knew he had escaped.

My eyelids felt heavy as I tried to lift them open. Then I remembered what happened and I snapped awake.

"Nico!" I gasped. I was enraged, that god had tried to use Nico for his own strength. I could practically feel my anger pouring out of me- that is, until I looked around and realised that it actually was! Black smoke flew out from around me, whizzing and swirling from my fingertips and my shoes. What was going on? I tried to channel light to chase it away, but all that happened was more black fog. I felt tears prick my eyes- my powers were gone? Could I even still heal? How was this possible? Then a light flicked on inside me- Moros had done this! That explained my earlier sickness, and probably why I blacked out. I wondered how Nico was faring. He had probably been cursed with my powers. Poor Nico! I rushed up to him, sprawled out on the floor near me, but my legs shuddered and collapsed beneath me, and I sprawled out before I could reach him. He stirred and I crawled closer to him, the darkness still emanating from my fingertips. It was so gloomy, how did Nico stand it? I got closer and he shuddered, and I saw that I was the one making him shudder with the cool inky blackness that I couldn't control. I inched away carefully, not wanting to hurt him before he woke fully. I didn't have to wait long- only a few minutes later he shot up like I had done, then smashed his forehead on the side of the couch.

"Nico!" I whimpered, letting a trickle of fear into my voice.

"What's going on? Why are you shrouded in black smoke?" His eyes clouded in confusion.

"I don't know, but I think... try- I can't believe I'm saying this- but try using your powers." The last words were hard for me, I knew how much strain and effort it took for Nico to do this. He laughed quietly.

"Okay." He reached towards the ground, but nothing happened. A chill settled at the back of my neck and I mimicked his actions, just to be sure. Sure enough, a single skeleton clawed its way into Nico's living room, and I gasped and shrunk back.

"Nico, what did I do? How do I put it back?" I whispered.

"Will! Did you just- I didn't- I'm not even- that was you! Does that mean I have your powers now?" He was panicking now. "I'm so, so sorry, Will. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry that this had to happen to you. It should have been only me. You shouldn't have been dragged into this. You must hate me, I'm so sorry." Tears flooded his eyes.

"Nico, Nico it's okay. It's okay. At least we're in this together." I softly comforted him, still not moving closer. So many questions were still jumbled around in my mind, but I had the feeling there would be time for answers soon enough.

HEY GUYS! HOW ARE YOU? SO... PLOT TWIST!!! THIS CHAPTER'S A BIT LONGER THAN USUAL, I HOPE YOU LIKED IT! I WILL UPDATE SOON, SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER!!

XXSAM