Will

Nico had been away for a few days now, but I wasn't worried.  Ok, maybe I was a little worried. Worried enough to debate against calling him every hour or so.  I hadn't seen him since my last call three days ago, and while I was certain that he can take care of himself, I missed my boyfriend. Was that a crime? But today I had a surgery to examine in an hour, and I couldn't let distracting thoughts of Nico pester me. Normally I would be performing the surgery, but I had a feeling that practically being death wouldn't help much. I sighed and leaned back against the wall of the hospital secretary office. I fidgeted with my shirt, then ran my fingers through my hair, then tied and retied my shoes. I was tapping my feet when Frank came up to me and put a hand on my shoulder. I stopped tapping.
"Will, are you alright? You don't look like yourself."
"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Just.. worried, you know?" I sighed. He nodded sympathetically.
"You should I-M him. You know you won't be able to focus like this, and if you need to I can tell them to let you sit in another day."
"Thanks, Frank, but I shouldn't."
"You need to, Will. Look at you, you're too worried to think straight! I'm going to go talk to the doctor." He gave me a hug to cheer me up, and I thanked him. I walked home then, and iris messaged Nico.
"O, Iris, Goddess of the rainbow, please accept my offering. Show me Nico Di Angelo. The mist shimmered and Nico appeared. He was staring, trance like, at a tree. What?
"Nico?" I asked tentatively. He turned.
"Will! I found the moss!" He held up a fist full of white, shimmery moss.
"That's great." I sighed in relief. "Now please come home." He looked at me in confusion, then shook his head decisively.
"I'm not going back. I'm going to stay here forever. And ever and ever, and ever." He smiled and I noticed that his eyes were white and glossy. I shivered.
"That's it. I'm coming to get you." He looked hurt, like I should understand, then I cut the connection. I told Frank I was leaving, then remembered I could shadow travel. I prayed to the gods, envisioned where I saw Nico last, and swirled into the darkness. I felt myself break apart, then I was replaced somewhere else. My body felt so heavy compared to the shadow. I opened my eyes and immediately emptied the contents of my stomach. Then, feeling relieved, I stormed up to the black haired boy.
He was nodding understandingly at the mist, clutching a handful of moss. He slowly lowered himself into his knees and started replacing the moss. I grabbed his waist and lifted him up, ignoring the screaming and kicking. I dragged him out of the forest, then watched as his eyes cleared up.
"The mist.. it said not to take it..? It said to stay.. I'm sorry!" He whispered and threw his arms around me. I held him tight, my head on his shoulder and my arms around him.
"It's ok. It's ok." I whispered. "Lets go home, huh?" He nodded. Then we heard the screeches. Harpies? They swooped down, claws outstretched. Once again I was reminded of my hatred for monsters who attacked innocent demigods. I groaned and pulled Nico out of the way as one swooped down at him, slashing through my arm. I concentrated on home, and home we went. When we materialized again, Chiron was the first to meet us. My arm was weak and bleeding, but I didn't have time to think about it. At least it wasn't Nico. He took one look at it and expertly cleaned, stitched, and wrapped it up using things from his backpack. I couldn't help but admire his technique. Chiron mashed the moss into the paste, and when he returned we were more that willing to use it.
"Ready, Nico?" He hummed a yes in response. I scooped the paste up with two fingers and smeared it over his mouth.  He did the same to me and blushed, laughing, as I took the opportunity to kiss his hand. We waited. All of a sudden, every dark thought flew out of me, and a swirl of shadows left my fingertips. Nico looked around in bewilderment as light left his.    We had attracted s crowd by now.  The light danced with the dark, intertwining and spiraling around us before shooting back into us the right way.  A surge of light and electricity shot through me.  My wound closed up, and I reached up to touch my lips. They were dry. The past was gone on Nico's, too.  The crowed cheered, and so did I, throwing myself at Nico and kissing him.  We stayed like that until we both gasped for breath, smiling like crazy. His hood covered half his eyes.
"Nico," I started, still smiling, "Why are you wearing a hood?" His eyes widened and he blushed a crimson red and I laughed.
"Oh, yeah.. hehe.. about that. I'm so screwed. I promise I didn't mean for it to happen!!" He whispered, a small, cheeky smile playing on his lips.  He dragged me to his cabin, latching his hand in mine and breaking through the mass of people.  He flicked the light on and sat on his couch.
"Promise you won't laugh? Or do anything of the sort?" He asked tentatively.  I chuckled.
"Promise. Now are you going to show me, or what?" He nodded, bit his lip and pulled his hood down, cringing.  OH MY GODS. I squealed in delight. I loved it!!!
"Nico!! Your hair! I love it! You're adorable!" I exclaimed, reaching out and playing with the new rainbow strands. He pouted.
"Nooo, I'm not adorable." He crossed his arms. "It's too bright."
"How did you even manage to do this-" I cut myself off by laughing. 
"I didn't mean to-" he protested. I laughed harder. 
"Ah, Nico. I love you, Death Boy."
"Yeah yeah. Love you too, Sunshine." He leaned over and pecked my cheek.

I KNOW THIS WASN'T THAT LONG SO SORRY AND THANKS FOR READING IT! I WILL UPDATE AGAIN SOON!  LOVE YALL AND SEE YOU NEXT CHAPTER!!
XXSAM