Chapter 41 - What Did You Get Us Into, Bane?

****TRIGGER WARNING: IF YOU GET TRIGGERED, SKIP THIS CHAPTER****

As Cad Bane's saucer-like ship crossed through the atmospheric plane of Coruscant, Leia's eyes widened in fear. A lone Weequay guard aimed a blaster at them while steadying himself with a pole that ran along the aisle.

Locked into jumpseats in the main cabin, Luke and Leia could not escape, even if they wanted to. Between the gun and the turbulence, as well as the sharp movements the ship made to avoid the incoming turbo lasers, Leia was sure they were going to die.

Luke, however, used his sister's fear to distract their guard. His eyes roamed the tight cabin before settling on their guard.

The man's wrinkled face revealed boredom. Through the Force, Luke felt the man was upset that Cad had assigned him to watch a bunch of kids. The boy repressed a smile at that thought.

When Leia whimpered, Luke watched their captor.

"What's your problem?" the man asked, whipping his blaster muzzle to her temple.

Leia silenced her cries as tears spilled down her cheeks.

Luke said, "Leave her alone. She's scared. She's only a little girl."

The Weequay stepped closer to Leia, leaning over her as he pressed the muzzle closer to her head. "Does this scare you? I like little girls," he hissed in her ear. He stroked her face as she froze in terror. "This is the least of your worries. You're going to beg for me to shoot you before I'm done with you."

He moved his hand down her arm. "I'm going to enjoy breaking you in for Jabba. He doesn't mind his dancing girls having a bit of experience."

As the Weequay's hand moved to Leia's chest, he said, "Not every man can say he's—"

The man fell back to the deck as the ship landed hard. When he looked up, Luke held his blaster, pointing it at the man.

Luke glared at the man, his anger swelling within him. "Now, you will unlock us and get out of our way." The Jedi Padawan snarled at the man.

"Little boy, put the blaster down. You don't have enough guts to shoot me." The Weequay leered at Leia with lust. "If you're nice, I'll let you watch. You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

The man reached forward to touch Leia's left leg. She kicked in futility, the man just out of her reach. He clutched onto her leg, causing her to scream.

"Leave her alone," Luke said through clenched teeth as he pulled the trigger, hitting the man in the chest. The Weequay fell back to the deck with a thud.

"Luke!" Leia cried in relief.

While his sister sobbed, Luke dealt with the inner turmoil. I've just killed a man. I killed a man. He looked at the blaster in his hand and dropped it as whatever was in his stomach churned and threatened to come up. And it felt so good—

The sliding of the cockpit hatch interrupted Luke's thoughts.

Cad Bane stepped out and pointed at the Weequay with one of his LL-40 blaster pistols. "What happened to Yal?" The blue-skinned Duros with broad-rimmed hat kicked his guard to see if he was alive.

"Blaster malfunction." Luke glared at the ringleader. He fed on his anger, letting it build, letting it empower him. I'll kill every one of you to protect Leia.

Bane grabbed Luke by the collar and lifted him as far as his seat restraints would allow. "The way I see it, one of youse is responsible.

He turned to his co-pilot, Embo. "Get the girl. If she tries anything, shoot her. She's not the one our customer wants, anyway."