7

It was weird when everything flooded back. Feelings, emotions, memories which I felt like I knew but couldn't put my finger on. But at least I remember something.

I remembered that I was in love with him, he was all I could focus on. I remembered that his laugh was like a melody to me, his smile was like artwork. He was Heaven, I wanted to be with him but I couldn't have him.

He was with her, with Freya, and she made him happier than anything else in the world.

She was beautiful in anyone's eyes, she was selfless and gentle, she made him laugh harder than I ever could. She gave him what he needed, what he wanted, she was perfection to him.

And well, I was...me.

How could I compete with someone like her?

Years went by without telling anyone, I couldn't ruin what we had just because I was in love with someone who would never want me. It turned out it was more difficult than I thought, and watching him love someone else was unbearable. It was better to lose it all than be on the sideline whilst he had everything.

I didn't want to be a sideman.

Message received: 24th January 2017 at 21:42pm
From, Josh x

We told the rest of the guys today what had happened to you. None of us have taken it well, I don't know how...
I don't know how to express what I feel because there's too much in my head.
I'm going to try see you