10₪ Sir McFluff ₪10

SOMEWHERE NEAR KYMELLIA

"Peter." A furry looking creature that resembled a raccoon back on earth calls out to a redhaired man who was deeply entranced by Marvin Gaye's and Tammi Terrell's 'Ain't No Mountain High Enough'. The raccoon figure notices that the red haired man had headphones on that resembled the modern day Beats. "Peter would you take off the damn ear pluggers and go water Groot for me."

Peter, now aware of being talked to, takes off his large head phones and concentrates on the Raccoons figure at the front of his beloved ship. "I'm sorry, what do you need Sir McFluff, I was a bit preoccupied."

Rocket, or as Peter had just called him, Sir McFluff, sighs at the red head's nicknaming. "Would you cut the shit and go water Groot, for me."

"Why? You have perfectly functional four legs." Peter protests.

A green skinned assassin turns in her seat which sat next to Rocket. "Peter if you do this one thing I'll listen to your music with you."

The bribe proposed to the former scavenger peaks his interest. "You swear, Gamora?" Peter asks, double checking that the deal was to be made solid.

Gamora rolls her eyes. "Yes, I swear Peter."

Peter smirks devilishly before hoisting himself out of his makeshift bed and walking toward the little window shelf that held a young potted tree the size of Peter's hand. "Well hello there you little devil."

"I am Groot!" The young plant call out joyously.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm getting you some of your special water."

"I am Groot!" Groot squeals excitedly at the sight of his 'special' water.

"Alright little guy, here it comes." Peter starts to pour the water on Groot's head, allowing the tree to bathe in its miniature shower. "That feel good?" Peter asks as if he was talking to a child, which he actually kind of is.

"I am Grooooot." The little tree says contently as the water satisfied his needs.

Peter purses his lips and glares out the window, annoyed at how childish the young tree was. He was tempted just to dump the water on to Groot, meaning that the small plant wouldn't have enough time to enjoy his precious water time, but Peter knew he would never hear the end of it from Rocket.

Soon the water was gone and Peter threw the empty bottle out the dispatch hatch, which vacuumed their garbage out into space as they traveled through galaxies.

Without any warning, Peter's ship shook, as if it was struck by some astronomical lightning bolt. "What the hell was that?" Peter yells from where he stood next to Groot.

"I don't know. I must have got too close to one of the asteroids above us. I'll fix the damage when we get to another planet." Rocket yells back, not apologetic at all.

"Watch it, rodent. This ship is my baby and if you hurt her I will skin you like the other animals we do back at my home planet!" Peter threatens the raccoon, only to receive a scoff as a response.

Out of the corner of Peter's eye, he could see the little plant in his makeshift pot shiver slightly, as if he had gotten a funny feeling. "What is it now, Groot?" Peter questions with no empathy present whatsoever.

"I-I am Groot?" Groot responds, his eyes big, round and dilated like he was scared of something in the room.

Peter notices the tree's scared look, but still doesn't show much empathy. "Whatever it is, little guy, don't worry about it. Like your adoptive asshole of a father said, it was just an ast-" Another metal screeching noise rips through the air like nails on chalkboard. This time Peter knew it wasn't some random asteroid hitting his ship. It was something more strange.