4₪ Knock on the door ₪4

*WARNING: POSSIBLE PANIC/ANXIETY ATTACK TRIGGER AHEAD. PROCEED WITH CAUTION*

After the meeting was dismissed, Tove ran up to her improvised room to grab a few things and prepare herself for what she was about to do. But she already knew he was following her.

The moment T'Challa said "wheels will be able to go up in 30", Bucky made his way to Tove. But she evacuated like everyone else to try to avoid the impending conversation.

"Is there anyway I can talk to out of this, Tove?" Bucky does his best not to let the anxiety of his new girl walking up and literally knocking on danger's door affect him, but his voice quivered anyways.

Tove grabs the folder Jo had surprised her with a few days ago and shoved it in small garbage bag, along with a scalpel or two. "Nope. My mind is set. Those girls need our help and I want to be the one to let them know and show them everything will be okay." Tove admits confidently.

"Even if it means you get hurt?" Bucky questions.

"Especially if it means I get hurt. Better me than them." Tove grabs a few extra sterilized syringes and three bags of fluids.

That comment didn't help Bucky. His mind was the equivalent of how Tove's was the other night. He was so close to having something good but now it's on the line and he doesn't want that to happen.

It was all starting to become too much for Bucky. His arm. Tove's life threatened. Aliens-fucking aliens?! He could feel the tears breaching his lashes and before he could wipe it away, a tear breaks loose and makes way to his chin.

"Tove, I can't-" The lump in his throat stops him from saying more. But Tove didn't need to hear anymore.

She finally looks at him and sees an all-too familiar expression on his face. His forehead started to look clammy and his body shaky.

Tove sets her makeshift travel bag down on the hospital bed and walks up to the veteran, "Hey, Bucky, I'm going to be okay." Tove puts Bucky's face in her hands and kisses his forehead. "It's going to be okay Buck. I promise." Tove prays to God she'll live up to this promise, but who really knows? She's going in a prisoner and is expected to come out not half dead. In all, no one knows what to expect from here on out.

"Please be careful." Bucky starts to calm down with the warm feeling of having Tove's hands on his face.

"I always am." Tove pulls away from him and locks her eyes with his. "I have something to fight for now, and I can promise you by that fact that I will do everything I can to come back to you."

Bucky smiles at the seriousness emitting from his girlfriend's voice. "You should try auditioning for drama after all of this." Bucky wipes a tear from his cheek while chuckling.

Tove just rolls her eyes and drops her hands down to Bucky's waist. "Ha ha ha, but I'm serious Bucky. I'm gonna come back alive."

Bucky nods more assured than when he first walked in the room. "Alright, prove it then." He smiles at the girl standing in front of him.

Tove smiles back and kisses him lightly on the lips. "Will do." She assures him once more in her own quirky way. And maybe it's the spur of the moment or maybe it's because of the uncertainty of the future, but Tove pulls away from Bucky's lips and slowly kisses down his neck.

Bucky lets his breath get stuck in his chest for a few seconds from the sudden burst of nerves firing in his stomach and where her lips touch his skin. But then he breathes out with a quiet satisfied moan.