January 1st - Jaime

January 1st, 2011.

Dear Lily,

Hi, Lils! Is it okay if I call you Lils? Well, too bad if you don’t like it, because it’s your new nickname! Alright, back on track: I’m Jaime (pronounced Hi-Me), and I really wanted to have a pen pal who speaks English, so I’m talking to you! I’m really, really excited to get to know you. We’re gonna be besties, I promise! Now, here are some things about me that are pretty interesting.

First, I’m a bassist in a post-hardcore (getting technical here) band called Pierce the Veil. We’re pretty famous, I guess. (If you Google us, ignore the ‘Fuenciado’ ship; I’m not gay, I swear.)

Second, I really love Mexican food. It’s basically an addiction. Maybe it’s because I’m Mexican. Some people call us Sexicans, since all of us in the band are Mexican. Sexicans, Mexicans, Schmexicans. Whatever you wanna call it. Something like that.

Third, I have tattoos and spiky hair. Well, when I wake up in the morning, it’s not so spiky, but I style it up to make myself a true Sexican. My tattoos are a contributing factor as well, don’t get me wrong. Chicks (and dudes) dig the tats.

Fourth, I love cursing. Fuck, shit, bitch, ass, hoe, dick, cunt. I hope you’re not offended, love. <3

Fifth, I’m really outgoing and funny, but when I really like someone, I get all shy and nervous and awkward. Especially around cute girls. God, it’s a curse. Ugh. The guys tease me about it all the time.

Sixth, my nicknames consist of Hime (pronounced exactly as its spelled), Hime-Time, and sometimes even Himes. I’m just a tough guy with girly/nerdy nicknames. Don’t judge me!

Seventh, I love candy and alcohol. That is all.

Eighth, I like to party. Dancing, singing, clubbing, drinking: that’s the life of a rockstar. The only thing I don’t do is smoke/get high. That’s for Mike (the drummer) to do.

Ninth, I guess I should tell you my band members’ names. Vic is the lead singer (the one I’m “shipped” with, gross), Tony is the guitarist (his nickname is Turtle and he loves Star Wars), and Mike is the drummer as I said before (who can’t keep a chick to save his life, jeez).

Tenth, I have cute dimples, or so I’ve been told.

I can’t wait to hear back from you, Lils! Write me ASAP, love!

With love, your new pen pal and best friend,

Jaime Preciado of Pierce the Veil.