9. Shopping

After giving Ruby the ring, I proceeded to help her down the stairs to her front door, where she got some black combat boots on and we made our way outside, hand in hand, then locking the front door, then holding hands again. The shopping centre was only a few blocks away and Ruby insisted on walking to it,

"I'll be fine, trust me baby" Ruby said as she pulled me in for a soft kiss.

"Fine, but if anything happens were taking a cab back, okay?"

"Okay." 

We continued to talk on the way there and we went into the first shop, I picked up a single black and purple "vans" shoe that i liked and showed them to Ruby,

"They look adorable my love, not as adorable as you though!" She smiled as she held my other hand not holding the shoe. A shop assistant walked up to us,

"Can i help you two?" She said with a fake smile printed on her perky face.

"Yes, do you have this shoe style in size 5?"

"I'll check on that for you!" She looked down at mine and Ruby's hands held together and gave a small glare, taking the shoe from my hand. She walked away to another door at the back of the shop, i assume it was storage!

"She seems happy!" Ruby said smirking as she kissed me on the forehead.

The lady returned with the shoe still in her hand.
"I'm sorry we have run out of that shoe style and colour, we only have size 2's left."

"Never mind thank you anyway!" I said as she put the original shoe back on the stand behind her, me and Ruby left the store hand in hand as we walked off to the store she said she wanted to visit.

We entered the store and were greeted by another smiling employee,

"Hello Ruby, nice to see you again, is this who i think it is?"

"Yes, this is my girlfriend, Z--" She was cut off by the man saying 

"Zoe, yes i know I've heard so much about you" he smiled holding her hand out for me to shake, i did, "and she is beautiful, you were right!" I started to blush.

"Al." Ruby gently punched the guy in the arm as she started to go red, the person just started to laugh at her redness (:P). 

"Zoe, this is my friend Alex, Alex this is my amazing girlfriend Zoe!" She said kissing my cheek as i started to blush again.

"Nice to meet you Alex!" I said smiling.

"What can i help you with anyway Ruby?" He smiled, patting Ruby on her shoulder.

She whispered something to him that was inaudible to me, but she was smiling. I saw a few smiles coming from Alex's mouth. Ruby finished her miniature speech and hugged the short blonde boy.

"Give me an hour and a half and i'll be done with it!" He said smiling at me.

"Thank Al!" Ruby smiled running her hand through her soft hair as she held her soft hand onto my, not so soft, hand again.

"Nice to see you Ruby and nice to meet you Zoe!" Alex said before walking through the door behind him. We left the store and started to walk to a nearby cafe.

I couldn't help but wonder what she asked him to do, "He seems cool, what was that about?"

"Only time will tell babe." She faced me, picking me up and spinning me around quickly, i squealed quietly which made her spin me again. She lowered me back onto my own feet, "I love you"

"I love you too Rubes!" I said as she held my face with her hands and connected our lips together.