BH 4

A few days later back at the bar, I had been sitting in a dark corner peeling the label off my beer. When the stupidest pair of retards started in on Josie. She already looked tired to begin with, and this just sent her over the edge. Normally she just laughs them off, and moves on. But not today. Today she was spitting fire, along with a very choice words. The boys didn’t take to kindly to her comments, and proceeded to show her what they called  ‘a good time’.

    Feeling the need to get a little bloody, I stepped in. Pulling Josie right out of their grasp, placing her behind me. Their looks as I took a new toy away. Anger, annoyance and maybe a bit of lust, once they noticed who had taken her.

    “You boys best not touch Josie. She’s a good girl” Waving my finger at them. Playing the southern bell was something I use to do for fun. Threw them for a loop if you will.

    “Well now, looky what we have here. Ain’t she pretty”  Breathing overly powerful alcohol down my face, not a turn on.

    “How about you and Miss Josie come have a good time with us?” The other still chuckling like some drunk chick at a frat.

    “I think not. Best be heading home. If you know what’s good for yea.”

    “We ain’t going nowhere, at least not without you two” Stepping forward, I could hear Josie hold her breath. Like hell I was going with them, and I sure wasn’t letting them take her. With a quickness I had been long training for, two butterflies slipped out of my pockets. Movements not to be seen, unless you were paying extra special close attention, and I had both boys family jewels at knife point.

    “Now listen here boys. When I said you’d do best to be going on home, it wasn’t a suggestion. So are we gunna be listening, or should I just go a head an remove the golden tickets?” Pushing the knives up harder. As their faces paled, with sucked in breaths I received nods.

    “Such good boys you are. Now run along” Pushing them away from us. Grumbling and calling me a bitch along with a few other words, they left. Turning around to Josie who had at some point flopped down into a bar stool.

    “You okay?” Flipping the knives back inward.

    “Huh? Oh yea. Thanks. Ray right?”

    “That’s me.” Smiling.

    “Where did you?”

    “Long story. But I have a favor to ask of you” Her eyebrows knitted. Instead of talking in the open, where we now had every ones attention, she took us to a back room.

    “So what is it…this favor?” She asked leaning against the wall. She was going back to being a badass, which she wasn’t pulling off in the least.

    “Relax Josie. I know about your extra activities.” Hoping that would knock her down a peg. It did, seeing her face redden she gulped.

    “What…what do you know?”

    “Not a lot, but I can tell your good at it. Even if your doing in it broad freaking day light. In a star bucks no less.” Chuckling.

    “I…mmmm” Looking down at the floor.

    “Look I’m not going to pussy foot around the subject. I want you to work for me.”

    “Why would I do that? I’m my own boss” She snapped back, frowning.

    “Because I’m guessing your not doing so hot, since you still work at this dump. And I need a crew.” Sighing, I hated needing things.

    “A crew for what?”