BH 17

It been more then a month, and still the pain hadn’t softened. If anything it lingers in the back of my mind, causing me to loose focus on just about everything. Carelessly I returned to NYC, my brother had said my parents wanted to see me, one last time. Staying in my home town, wasn’t going to be possible. To many people knew my face. Walking up the perfectly manicured lawn, knocking on a cherry wood door.

    My father a stout man with bluing eyes, and peppered hair open the door. Taking a deep breath he smiled, holding back his tears.

    “Hi daddy” Giving the sweetest daughter smile.

    “Hi Pumpkin” Pulling me into a hug. His sweet wood cologne smell covering my broken heart. How I missed him, he always new how to comfort me.

    “Is that my baby?” The cracking words of my mother.

    “Yes Mom” Looking around my father, as he pulled me deeper into the luxurious house.

    “My baby” She cried, ripping me from my fathers safe hold.

    “Easy mom” Chocking, as the arms of her skinny body tightened.

    “I was so worried about you” Rocking back and forth.

    “Mom I’m fine” Trying to pull away.   

    “What’s wrong with you? Have you completely lost your mind” And there’s mom. Sighing as she started in on me, one the warm fuzzy feelings started to dissipate.

    “Hey sis” Matt called, hearing moms ranting. Dad trying to calm her down.

    “Hey yourself” Hugging him. We all headed into the deep red living room, taking seats so everyone could see me.

    “So what are you going to do now?” My father asked, rubbing my mothers back, as she was clearly still upset.

    “I’m going to travel.” Shrugging, cause that’s really the best answer I could come up with, all the way here.

    “Travel?” My mother croaked.

    “I’m not driving anything mom” Reassuring her. With a nod, she didn’t seem to believe me.

    “Do you need some money?” Dad asked, going for his wallet.

    “No, money is something I have plenty of.” Chuckling as his eyes go wide.

    “Just how much do you have?” Matt asked, just as shocked.

    “Lets just say my last job paid really well” Winking.

Yea it paid overly well, since Charles was now dead. If your still confused, I’ll explain. Once I killed Charles, and told Trish she told Josie. Who…by the way wasn’t the least man, but she did manage to hack into his bank accounts and take every last cent. We split it three ways, and are now sitting higher then need be.

    “Well okay then” Dad chuckled tucking his wallet back into his back pocket.

    “Your going to keep in touch right?” Mom frowned.

    “Of course, you wouldn’t let me live it down if I didn’t” Giggling, she huffed before smiling at me.

    “Well I really need to get on the road” Standing up, Matt smiled as I kissed and hugged my parents first.

    “I’ll walk you out” He said, draping his arm over my shoulder. My mother started to cry, as dad spoke sweetness to her. Closing the front door, Matt tucked his hands into his pockets.