The Accident I

Barry's POV:
It was morning and I was already the first one at Star Labs. For the past 8 hours I have been texting Caitlin but no response.

Barry: Caitlin can we talk?

Barry: What I did was wrong and I'm sorry

Barry: Things really aren't the same without you at work, are you going to show up today?

Barry: Sorry for bugging you Caitlin, I know you still need time...I miss you.

All I could think about was how much I hurt Caitlin. I know I said a lot of bad things about her. It was like I never wanted her in my life. I started to feel butterflies in my stomach because I thought I wouldn't see her again.

1 hour past
I was in a chair scrolling through instagram till I saw everyone walk in. They all looked really really sad. Abigail had tears in her eyes and so did Iris, Jessie, Ronnie, Jake, and Felicity.

I became very confused and concerned to why they all looked like that. I stand up and walk over to them.

Barry: "A-Are you guys okay?! What happened?"
Ronnie: "B-Barry we don't know how to tell you this..."
Barry: "Tell me what I don't understand?"

There was a long pause and Iris took a step forward and told me.

Iris: "Barry um Caitlin was leaving Central City...she didn't want me, Abigail or Jessie to tell you...but something had happened so we felt we should tell everyone then come to you."
Barry: "......W-What happened is she okay?"
Iris: "...B-Barry...Caitlin got into a car accident and only has a little time left."

I couldn't believe what I just heard. My heart dropped. I felt the room getting hotter. I felt tears forming. I suddenly started screaming, throwing things around the room, crying and curled up into a ball cry my eyes out.

Jake: "I'm so sorry Barry."

All I could think was where she was. When it happened. Who caused it. I never knew till now how my feelings were still there for her. The one I truly loved. I got up and went to Iris.

Barry: "I wanna know who caused it."
Iris: "Barry I don't think-"
Barry: "Who caused it Iris?!?!"
Iris: "..........You did Barry.......when you texted her......"

Caitlin Snow. The one who is now dying because of me. Because of one small text. A change of heart was inside of me.

Barry: "...What hospital.."

Iris told me the hospital, and I super speeded all the way there.

Barry: "Where is the room for Caitlin Snow?"
Nurse: "Room 23."

Once she told me I started to run all the way down there. I made it to her room. I saw her laying there looking up at the ceiling. I fake coughed and she turned to look at me. She hit me with A weak smile.

Caitlin: "Barry..."