Deaf

Pain. That's all there was. A burning jolt of agony in your head. Your ears rang so loud you couldn't hear anything but their noise, and the ground wouldn't stand still.

You couldn't think enough to register that it was sound waves that had you shaking on the ground.

Lee tried to stand, but nothing would hold still, and he collapsed against the ground. "(Y/N)..." He whimpered your name, but you didn't move. Didn't do anything but shiver on the ground in the fetal position with your hands clamped over your ears.

He couldn't imagine how much worse it must be for you.

Resigned to his handicap, Lee dragged himself, stopping now and then to let the ground settle down a bit. He reached out for you, pulling you closer. You flinched back, fogged eyes staring at nothing.

He took hold of your hand and pressed it against his chest, right over his heart.

You stopped struggling, the panic you'd felt rising up falling back down. Lee. It was Lee. You'd know his heartbeat anywhere.

It was a little erratic, but it was his, and it was still going. He was still right here, just like always. You buried your face in his chest, desperate for the sound of him.

The rhythmic thumping calmed you, and though the world still spun, and nothing made sense, there was one part that was still. One part that anchored you. Lee.

"It will go away. You will be alright." He murmured the words into your hair, not even sure if you could hear them. Then, exhausted, he passed out, with you losing consciousness soon after.

"Oi. Lee. Wake up." Neji nudged Lee in the ribs, scoffing.

Lee groaned, pushing himself into a sitting position with one hand raised to his head. "My head... It feels like I have a hangover."

"Lee, how do you even- Oh yeah, the restaurant thing."

Lee rubbed his temples, groaning. "This really hurts... But at least nothing is spinning... Ah! (Y/N)!" He gently cradled you in his arms, brushing your hair behind your ears. "Wake up, (Y/N)." He gently shook you, but when that got no response he leaned down and blew into your ear.

You jerked awake and punched him in the jaw. "WHAT THE- Oh, Lee, I'm sorry!"

"It is alright. I deserved it anyway... Are you okay?"

"I think so..."

Lee hugged you to his chest, burying his face in your hair. "I am so sorry. I could not protect you."

"Lee..."

He just hugged you tighter.

Across the clearing, Leaf ninja milled about. After helping each other with the fight against the Sound ninja, they seemed at a bit of a loss as to where and when they should disperse.

Naruto was running around, apparently screaming about something that had happened before he was knocked unconscious.

You hid your face in Lee's shoulder and smiled. Lee was a dork, but he was your dork.

Of course he would apologize for getting beat up. Silly boy.

(Sorry for being ded for a while, Chemistry Lab is death itself, save me, I'm still dying)